U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, October 18th, 2024 6:54 PM

Got a strange phone call from Xfinity about router?

So I got a weird call from a verified Xfinity number. I was driving and he asked if (verified account holder was there) I said speaking he asked if I was near my computer and router, I said I'm driving I said what is this about?  He said when will you get home, I again asked what is this about?  He again asked when will you be home?  I said 1st tell me what this is about?  He then said I will make sure you have no internet when you get home and hung up on me?  I called the number back and it was Xfinity!!  I tried and tried to get to a human but could not.  What [Edited: "Language"] is going on?  (I own my own Netgear Wifi 6 modem/router, works great)

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

5 hours ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

5 hours ago

Hi there, @user_ery2k1 Oh no, I'm very sorry, I definitely get how confusing that call would have been. It's possible that it may have been a scam call which, if you are not having any issues, I would just ignore the call and not provide any information.-Richard

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityRichard​ 

Curious how it could of been a scam when it came from a real Xfinity phone number?  It's also super frustrating when I can not talk to a human no matter what I choose in the prompts when I called.  Even online I can not even chat with a human?  Horrible support system!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

I completely understand, @user_ery2k1 I definitley understand your concerns regarding not being able to talk to a customer service agent, I can assure you that you are talking to a Corporate Social Media customer service representative now. We would never advise you that we will make sure that you have no internet when you get home and we'll never call out of the blue and assist you are home, in regards to the phone number, unfortunately, phone numbers can be spoofed. I'll be more than happy to take a look at your account just to make sure there are no issues, if you would like to send me a DM with your full first and last name along with your full-service address.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

3 hours ago

Curious how it could of been a scam when it came from a real Xfinity phone number? ...

Be aware that scammers can fake their caller IDs, so a call that displays a legitimate number could still be a scammer. Sadly, caller ID cannot be trusted.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here