T

Thursday, March 28th, 2024 5:37 PM

Gigabit Pro availability request

Hello, I was hoping to see if Gigabit Pro was available in my area.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 months ago

Hello, @tanotaru! Thank you for creating a post about your interest in Gigabit Pro (Gigabit x10 fiber). I'd be happy to review eligibility and cost requirements with you before determining if you'd like for us to submit a ticket on your behalf, asking if your location can receive this particular service. Could you please send our team a direct message to get started?

To send a direct message: 

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'. 
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. 

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

XfinitySara, I currently have Xfinity Gigabit Pro at my home but am still on the 2GBPS speed.  I was years ago told during a tech repair call that I would be updated to the current speed at that time of 3GBPS.  Unfortunately that never and now I see the advertised speed in 10GBPS. How can I get that speed applied to my service?  I have called customer support many times and they can not even locate my account, yet I have active Comcast fiber equipment here at my house.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Good afternoon @spfirman, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums, we appreciate your interest in our Gig x10 service. We'd be happy to get a ticket submitted to our dedicated Gig sales team to help determine if your address is eligible for our Gig x10 service and if so, what next steps would be to get that set up, rest assured, you've reached the right team to help. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

I need service, followed the forum.  bad response.

Official Employee

• 

961 Messages

Hi @lordsdrake,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. From the post you commented on, it sounds like you may be interested in our Xfinity Gigabit X10 Internet service. This service could potentially provide the home with up-to 10 Gbps download and upload. This service can take up to 3-4 months to review serviceability and up to 9 months for installations. 

This service runs approximately $299.95 per month with equipment fees of $19.95 per month. There is a minimum required activation fee of $500 and a minimum installation fee of $500. Installation cost can drastically increase for the fiber network build-out depending on distance. 

Is this the service that you are looking for and agree to the pricing structure, time fame, and installation cost associated with this service? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

976 Messages

Could you please send us a direct message including your name, account holder name (if different), and the service address so we can get started. Myself or one of my awesome colleagues will respond as soon as possible.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here