U

Friday, August 23rd, 2024 7:13 PM

GENERAL UTILITY EASEMENT RELEASE

I have a property in Houston Tx with an general utility easement running through our buildable space. There are utility lines within the easement. We are required to get a release from CenterPoint Energy, AT&T & Comcast (Xfinity). Who can I reach out to in Houston for assistance with this matter?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 months ago

Hello @user_f89i03 Thanks for reaching out to our team on the forums for help with your easement request. I can help you with your concerns. Can you please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

5 Messages

17 days ago

I had to do the same in order to build a pool...fun process I can assure you.  Xfinity cannot assist in this matter and you need to contact the local Comcast representative to obtain a "Letter of No Objection".

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_1086w7, Thanks for sharing that. In the areas where Xfinity has overhead cable lines, the space for the lines is rented from the public utility. Were you able to get help with this,
@user_f89i03? Here is a great link to more details about Easements.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

I don't know about overhead cable lines and you might have to call 811.

We only have underground cable lines where I live in The Woodlands, TX so had to obtain a “Letter of No Objection” directly from the local (Houston) Comcast representative…not from Xfinity as they do not handle these types of requests. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here