U

Tuesday, September 10th, 2024 4:13 PM

Frequent Service outages

I live in Renton Washington.  We have had a number of service outages in the past 6 months.  They have ranged from an hour to 5 hours per outage.  I cannot find a way to actually discuss this with someone from Comcast??

I believe the best solution is to contact and file a complaint with the Washington Utilities and Transportation commission.  It is sad that Comcast does not provide and easy way to discuss these sort of issues with them directly.

Official Employee

• 

585 Messages

1 month ago

Hey there, @user_ewoi0e. Our team can definitely understand how stressful and irritating it is to have issues with your internet connection. We all work from home on this end of the screen so we can completely relate to how it causes you to make arrangements that you didn't expect. There are a plethora of reasons that can cause a service interruption that are outside of our control such as natural disasters, construction with 3rd party companies, vehicle accidents, vandalism, etc. The support page and the Xfinity app are the best tools to get updates on local service interruptions and their timeframes. Frontline agents use similar tools to provide updates to our customers and when the systems are providing generic information, we get the same bits. We understand having more information about situations can alleviate frustrations and our awesome technicians attempt to provide updates from the field as best as they can. Are you noticing service issues while your area is not reporting a service interruption? 

1 Message

Just FYI, that link 404's.

The status page says that the outage will last until 11:00pm (!!) tonight!  Can we get an insight into what happened? It seems catastrophic...

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Our apologies for that link @LukasV. My team would be more than happy to see if we have any further details regarding the service interruption on our end. Please send us a Direct message. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAmira​ 

Is there any detail around this outage in Renton? 18 hours and counting, makes it seem as though no one is actually working on it. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, RustyShackleford, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the service interruption in your area. I work from home and I know how important it is to have a solid internet connection.

You can use our website for the most up-to-date information at, https://www.xfinity.com/support/status. If the issue is reported on our website our best techs are working to get this resolved for you, and they will provide an estimate for resolution as soon as one is available. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

@XfinityBradM​ I understand how to get the status of a particular outage when it is in progress.  What I am looking for is a way to discuss with an xfinity person why we are having so many frequent outages now.  That was not the case in the past but over the past 8 months it has been much more frequent.  Also, Xfinity never explains the cause of an outage.  I see this as no accountability to the customer.

1 Message

1 month ago

This is ridiculous!! Why is there an outage? Why is it taking so long to resolve? Provide more details!!! First it was supposed to be resolved at noon now 11PM!!! What is going on???

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I agree.  It's not like we have a choice for internet/cable service because Comcast has a monopoly in this area.  They don't care because they already own half the planet.  Frustrating and infuriating.  I think user_ewoiOe is right ... [Edited: "Solicitation"].  If they can't protect their fiber optic lines from vandalism damage, they should be heavily fined.  What about hospitals and clinics or police stations that rely on their "service"?  We should be compensated for our loss and inconvenience just like anyone else who is wronged.  No wonder they're losing customers by the millions.  Time to get a dish.

(edited)

1 Message

1 month ago

It was conveniently on the day of the presidential debate and ended right after it wrapped up live. 1:30 am to 11 pm is a ridiculously long outage. Our area should receive a credit for this loss of service. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here