user_acw711's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, June 6th, 2024 9:54 PM

Free WiFi Boost Pods at no extra cost

Hello - I received email that I'm eligible for WiFi Boost Pods at no extra cost, but when I logon to redeem it says that I am not eligible. Why is Xfinity sending such a misleading email?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

4 months ago

Hello There! Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out via our Xfinity Community Forums!  It's exciting that you can take advantage of this great opportunity to have a free Wi-Fi Boost Pod sent to your home.  If the link in your email isn;t working you can also follow the steps below to access the weblink and order form. 

• The WiFi Boost Pod must be redeemed using the link in the email and will be shipped within five to seven business days of redemption.
  • The same online order link will be available in xFi's Notification Center and the WiFi Boost Pod Redemption tile in the Overview tab of the Xfinity app.

Derived from XFi Whole Home Evaluation

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

the link was in the email and I did click on that to start the process.  It takes me to the xFi Pod page.  I click on the "Redeem Your Pod" button and after I log on to my account, it goes through its process and then the following message is displayed:

Looks like you aren’t eligible for this offer

Don’t worry, you can still purchase an xFi Pod to pair with your xFi Gateway.

Why send me the email stating that I am eligible and then stating that I am not and provide me a link to purchase an xFi Pod?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

We're sorry for the confusing information from the website.  We'd be happy to assist in looking into this for you, and provide any solutions possible. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thank you.  I have entered the information you requested in the direct message.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

I got the same email, same link that says I am eligible and says not eligible with my plan after clicking the links when i clearly am with my plan which include Xfi complete.   This is not confusing to me I can read... Email said You're eligible Wifi Boost Pods at no extra cost. Click on the link and next page says Redeem your Pod....oops then says not eligible...how is that confusing? What I get from this is Xfinity says you need one to help your network and now hopes you buy one

(edited)

1 Message

Same here. Complete [Edited: "Language"].

(edited)

1 Message

4 months ago

Ditto... Very deceptive and super frustrating  But I can buy one for $119 or two for $199. 

1 Message

Same here and this is all over reddit etc.  Another of Xfinity deceiving bait and switch tactics to sell the pods.  People probably just buy one out of frustration.  Then I go around in circles with the 'xfinity assistant'.

I did exactly as instructed.

Official Employee

• 

915 Messages

@user_5000 We'd love to take a closer look at what is going on with your account. Please, send a DM to Xfinity Support with your name and address. Thank you!

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

4 months ago

I am also having this same issue!

Official Employee

• 

915 Messages

@3rianhan I'd love the opportunity to look over that email and your account eligibility. Please, send a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address. See you there!

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

4 Messages

Thanks Tony! I sent a DM! 

1 Message

8 days ago

I think you must have a minimum service plan because I just signed up.  It could also be, because my area and my service is so "unstable". 

Either way, I am getting the pair for free as long as I do not cancel service within 90 days of receipt. Thanks! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here