U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 9th, 2023 7:39 PM

Closed

FRAUD CALL

I have been trying to reach someone at Xfinity/Comcast all day; was told I was in line for a call back that never came.  I got the "fraud" call about Target sponsoring a 1/2 off the monthly charge for 36 months after I sent them $350+ dollars.  I have been trying to talk to someone at Customer Service; was told I would get a call back but never did.  Since I did not go through with purchasing the gift card is there anything more I need to do?  Also when I clicked on the link to 'report' the abuse what are all those phone numbers - are they numbers the scammers are using?  I have two calls from different locations, plus two call-back numbers plus a text - is any of this information useful to anyone?  Thank you for your help/advice.

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

2 years ago

I'm sorry to hear you received a fraudulent call, but thank you for letting us know! Your best move it to speak with our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) team. They can be reached at 1-888-565-4329, and they have hours from 8 AM to Midnight (EST), 7 days a week. Is there anything else I can assist you with right now? 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 years ago

You can also send the details of the calls - including the numbers on your caller ID - to abuse @ comcast.net.

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

2 years ago

@user_76afc9 

Have you gotten a call claiming to be from Comcast asking you to buy gift cards or paying upfront for six months or more in exchange for 50% off your bill?  If so, the FTC is well aware of this scam.  If you get a call like this you can report it to     https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/
Please help to stop the spread of this kind of fraud.
Thanks!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I received the same fraud call 1/20/2023. They had left a message on my phone "last day to get 50% off on my future service" Since I knew my initial year of service discount rate was just ending I was not surprised that Xfinity might be reaching out to me -  so I returned the call to ([Edited: "Personal Information"]).  It was very well done - it sounded just like the real Xfinity interaction ( waiting for a representative, holding music, and attention to detail, on hold while they "verified my details" they seemed to know what my bill was.

the gist of it was I would get 50% off the amount off my last bill for the next 2 years $408 in my case if I paid the next 2 years in advance. Since "Target was sponsoring the deal" it had to be paid in either a Target credit card or a Target gift card. Since I did not have a Target CC, and did not want one, I could go to a store and get a gift card in that amount and then call back to the "Xfinity Billing dept" with the gift card info to pay the bill They gave me "the Xfinity Billing dept phone number ([Edited: "Personal Information"])"  to call back to when I got the gift card with 48 hours. 

After hanging up I was supposed to go get the card, they even gave me location suggestions base on my location.  There was even a bonus if I were to get back to them in the first 100 minutes.

They were so good I was not suspicious until the very end when they mentioned the 100 minute deal.

After hanging up I did some internet research and realized it was a hoax, and called the real  xfinity to verify they were running no such deals.

So I did not loose any money. My question is - Is there anywhere else I should be reporting this to. The fraudesters almost seem like they have insider information (knew I was a customer, seemed to know about what my current outstanding bill was).

They are very good and will definitely be stealing money from innocent Xfinitiy customers.....

Look forward to your response.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm glad to hear that you didn't get the gift card that they were requesting. Please provide this info to our Awesome Customer Security Assurance they can be reached by dialing 1-888-565-4329 between 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@user_67fac7​ 

Have you gotten a call claiming to be from Comcast asking you to buy gift cards or paying upfront for six months or more in exchange for 50% off your bill?  If so, the FTC is well aware of this scam.  If you get a call like this you can report it to     https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/
Please help to stop the spread of this kind of fraud.
Thanks!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here