C

Tuesday, August 27th, 2024 5:36 AM

Formal Complaint Regarding Xfinity Customer Service Experience

Dear Xfinity Customer Service Team,

I am writing to formally file a complaint regarding my recent experience with Xfinity's customer service and online ordering process. I hope this email will address the issues I have encountered and lead to a swift resolution.

Background:

1. Initial Online Order: On August 25, 2024.  I attempted to place an order on the Xfinity website for internet service and five mobile lines, the total price is $180 per month. Despite the website indicating that up to 10 mobile lines could be added, I only have five lines. An error occurred during the final step of checkout, preventing me from completing my order. I was then instructed to contact customer service for assistance. 
  2. Chat Support: I contacted your online chat support and was connected with a live agent. The agent advised me to complete the internet service order first, as internet and mobile services would be billed separately. I agreed, and the agent placed the order for internet service and scheduled an installation appointment for Thursday, August 29, 2024, from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The agent attempted to process the mobile lines but was unable to add them. After providing me with a new account number ([Edited: "Personal Information"]) and confirmation number ([Edited: "Personal Information"]), the agent instructed me to call customer service the next day to add the mobile lines. No mobile account number was available. The chat ended abruptly after these instructions.
  3. Follow-Up Attempt: The following day (Aug 26th), I reached out to customer service to add the five mobile lines. The second agent was only able to successfully add three lines to my account and mentioned he would attempt to add the remaining two lines. After adding the three lines, I was provided with instructions on how to activate the mobile devices' eSIMs. However, the agent did not assist with adding the remaining two lines and abruptly ended the chat without providing a mobile account number. Frustrated and near breaking down, I had to continue seeking assistance from another customer service representative. Then, I was informed that only three mobile lines could be added under one account and that I would need to create an additional account to add the remaining two lines. This information was not disclosed earlier and contradicts the website's indication that up to 10 mobile lines could be added. I was not given a reason for the limitation, which caused additional confusion and frustration. (The Mobile Account Number I found later is [Edited: "Personal Information"])
  4. Cancellation Issues: Given that my five mobile lines could not be added to a single account, I decided to cancel all services. However, I was informed that I would need to visit a physical store to process the cancellation. I explained that my health condition made it very difficult for me to go out. In response, the customer service representative provided me with a phone number to call to cancel the appointment and the internet service, as their mobile service team did not have the authority to handle cancellations. While on the call, I also requested that the customer service representative cancel the three mobile lines. The final response I received was that the mobile order was on hold and that I would need to call back after September 3rd to confirm the cancellation.

Complaint: I am extremely dissatisfied with the lack of transparency and support from your customer service team. The process seems designed to mislead customers and pressure them into commitments without providing clear information or adequate assistance. This has caused me unnecessary frustration and inconvenience. None of the services, including the eSIMs, have been activated, and I am confused as to why the order cannot be canceled online. Given that the services have not been started, it should be possible to cancel the order online just as easily as it was to place it, rather than requiring customers to visit a physical store to cancel.

Resolution Sought:

I request an immediate cancellation of all pending services and appointments associated with my account, a written confirmation of these cancellations, and a full refund of any charges incurred during this process. Additionally, I would appreciate an explanation of why these issues occurred and what steps Xfinity will take to prevent similar situations in the future.

I expect a prompt response and resolution to this matter. Please contact me via email at [Edited: "Personal Information"] to confirm the actions taken.

Thank you for your attention to this urgent matter.

Sincerely,

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

2 months ago

@clj0101 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums, this is definitely not the experience we want for our valued customers. I would be more than happy to take a look and further assist you with your request. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

2 months ago

@clj0101 We appreciate your time working with us via DM and are happy to have confirmed your cancellation for you. I hope you have a great rest of your week and maybe in the future we can welcome you to our Xfinity family.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here