sigs's profile

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

Saturday, August 12th, 2023 2:04 PM

Closed

Flex box needed for Peacock Premium reward?

I am an Xfinity Diamond member (Comcast/Xfinity internet customer since late 1990's).   I use a 3rd party modem.   I went to redeem my Peacock Premium award (after spending $5.99 to Peacock to set up an account, then cancel it, as directed by Xfinity), and now the Xfinity help desk advises I need to spend $15 more to get a Flex box. [Edited: Language] What is a flex box?  I don't want a flex box.  I just want my Peacock Premium reward.  I guess time to look for another internet provider.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

1 year ago

I dont know if its needed to activate the free peacock perk but I did use it to activate mine. Also flex is basically xfinity version of say a roku box. 

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

1 year ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, thanks for reaching out. Please use this link to subscribe https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/. Once there you will want to click on the "Activate Now" on banner that states "Your Peacock subscription is ready for activation"

You will then enter the email address and password you want associated with the Peacock account. This can be the same as your Xfinity account, but it does not have to be. If you have a previous Peacock account and want to retain the preferences/history, you should use the same email address you normally use to log in.

Xfinity Rewards Diamond and Platinum members with Xfinity Internet can redeem a special offer for Peacock Premium at no additional cost from the Xfinity Rewards website. You must be enrolled in Xfinity Rewards to take advantage of the offer. Once the offer is redeemed, you’ll continue to have access to Peacock Premium as long as you remain enrolled in Xfinity Rewards as a Diamond or Platinum member with Xfinity Internet.

Are you now able to subscribe?

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks much.   After multiple calls over several weeks the “activate now” option finally has shown up.   Even though I cancelled Peacock it is still active for a few more weeks.  I’m being given a notice the “activate now” function can not activate until my Peacock subscription ends in a week or two.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @sigs. Thank you for the update, I'm glad to hear the banner has now populated. I've seen that if there was a previous Peacock Premium account activated, it does need to wait for the previous billing cycle to be completed before activation. I would be happy to check back in with you on the week of the 20th to ensure activation goes smoothly once you're able to proceed, does that work for you? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

@XfinityJustinC​ My Peacock Premium subscription does not end until 9/5.  Let’s connect 9/6 or later to confirm proper Rewards setup.  Thanks for support.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

:) I'm happy to help. I will be sure to reach back out to you on 9/6 to check in. 

We're committed to delivering the amazing entertainment and services you rely on today, and the new experiences you'll love down the road.

While we're checking on your account, are your services working all right for you? Do you have any other concerns I can help with?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

FYI... my Peacock subscription did retire a day ago... I was able to go to xfinity assistant and the "activate now" option for Peacock was still there.  I clicked on it and now my subscription with Peacock is now active again.  In my Peacock settings page it is identified my plan is administered through xfinity.

All set!   I'm not sure what was done to finally get the "activate now" showing in the assistant, but glad it did show up. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

That's awesome! I’m glad it's all fixed @sigs We can't thank you enough for bearing with us. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here