BillSch1136's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 28th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

False Cancellation Request Email

Received a service cancellation request email, but I did not make any such request.

The request was made today at 12:46pm, according to the info at my account, with the cancellation effective today.

Chatted with an Xfinity rep Medha, who said there was indeed a request for cancellation  on my account. So the email was not a phishing attempt. Somehow Xfinity accepted a cancellation request from someone other than me.

I asked the chat agent to cancel the request and they said they did so.

So how does this happen?

No one here called to cancel the service.

Can just anyone call and cancel the service?

I hope the service has not actually been cancelled.

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

4 years ago

@BillSch1136 wrote:

Received a service cancellation request email, but I did not make any such request.

The request was made today at 12:46pm, according to the info at my account, with the cancellation effective today.

Chatted with an Xfinity rep Medha, who said there was indeed a request for cancellation  on my account. So the email was not a phishing attempt. Somehow Xfinity accepted a cancellation request from someone other than me.

I asked the chat agent to cancel the request and they said they did so.

So how does this happen?

No one here called to cancel the service.

Can just anyone call and cancel the service?

I hope the service has not actually been cancelled.

You might want to call Comcast's CSA (Customer Security Assurance). They may be able to help you. Their phone number is (888) 565-4329.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I also had this happen to me today. I definitely did not submit a cancellation request. I was able to get them to cancel the cancellation request. But this is super wierd.

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

3 years ago

I got one of these emails about an hour ago. I made no such request. The email had my address in it and it went to my comcast email, which I never use but I have it auto-forward to the one I do use. So it seems unlikely that it's a phishing attempt, especially since all the links appear to go to comcast or xfinity URLs (as I hover over them without clicking). The last day of service was marked as yesterday (July 21, 2021) but everything is still working as I type this. I attempted to call the 1-800 number listed on the back of my last statement but that was a complete waste of time trying to navigate the voice menu. They really don't wan't you talking to any live humans.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

This is an old, inactive thread that we will be closing at this time. If you are having troubles and need support, please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue so that the community and our support representatives can assist.

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here