U

6 Messages

Tuesday, July 16th, 2024 1:27 PM

Extended Outage in Houston

I was lucky enough to not lose power during Beryl, but my internet cut out about an hour after it passed and has not come back since. On Friday (7/12) I was given the ETA of Monday (7/15) at 10:15pm for when it would be fixed and that time has since passed and the ETA has since gone back to 'as soon as possible'. I am quite frustrated at this point but would mostly like to know what is causing the outage I am experiencing (and ideally an ETA but I fully understand if that is not available). As a note, I am not referring to the information given by the app as I have checked it and did not find it useful.

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

Hello, @user_1vw5mu how are you? I'm glad you're doing well, and the storm passed. I understand it's tough when service is out, and it definitely feels better when you have more details. Keep in mind even if you have power, and you don't see Xfinity techs working near you, they are out there working! This means the Xfinity network is still impacted or is without power somewhere. 

If the current ETA is still ASAP we will have the same ETA, but you can visit this site for updates as well: https://texas.comcast.com/alerts/

I hope this helps a little. Restoring service is a priority and our techs will continue to do all they can to resolve all issues impacting our network.

6 Messages

Thank you. Is it possible to know if the outage I am experiencing is due to the Xfinity network not having power or if there's some sort of damage it's sustained? As it is, I don't have a real ETA or any indication of what type of issue they're even dealing with.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_1vw5mu you're welcome 👍 We can only provide general information and the same ETA that's communicated in the Xfinity app or at https://www.xfinity.com/support/status

As soon as there is an update the ETA will change in the resources we shared.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

@XfinityJosephA​ If possible, I would appreciate some more insight into the outage details. As it is I don't know whether to expect service to be restored in 3 hours or 3 weeks. From the status page there's no indication that anyone is even working on it as the details and the map have been exactly the same since 7/8.

Thank you for your time.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

user_1vw5mu you're welcome. Working from home myself I completely understand the importance of having your home network up and running, and know it can be frustrating when interruptions continue without an ETA.

It is not our intention to be vague, but again wanted to point out that we only have access to the same information that is updated at the Status Center: https://www.xfinity.com/support/status?linkId=93148137, the Xfinity App, and this blog: https://texas.comcast.com/alerts/ 

If you haven't done so already, you can sign up for alerts to be notified once the restoration has been completed.We also want to ensure customers are able to get credit for anytime there service was down, and have made the process simpler. All the steps are outlined here on this helpful document, just scroll down to the “Outage Credit” section for the walkthrough: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/check-service-outage

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityJosephA​ The outage map has no details on when it will be repaired. The same information on the map for two weeks. Ours went on this week and back off for days. I work from home, this is very stressful. What is taking so long?

19 Messages

2 months ago

Sending a direct message to @Xfinity Support resulted in no response for 2 days. It's just laughable.

1 Message

2 months ago

Xfinity [Edited: "Inflammatory"] doesn't provide any info on restoration time 

(edited)

They give eta’s out to new customers a block away from me. Because they are focusing all their resources on new service. Sent a tech out a block away for a friend of mine setting up new service, he called yesterday and they sent a tech TODAY! But can’t send a tech to my block to fix mine. 12 days now, no internet and no eta. But damn if you want new service, “we’ll be right there!!!” I was fine when I thought was just low manpower but to find out they have plenty of manpower to send a tech out next-day service for new customer but screw me working from home paying them $70/month for years…. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Same here been out since 7/8/2024 

. I am quite frustrated at this this point I have been a loyal customer and I’m cutting my service with Xfinity

1 Message

I will be cutting my service as well. Outrageous.

1 Message

I had internet 2 days ago and still  nothing what is going on? They have the worst service and no live person ever on the phone website sucks has old dates still a showing. They are starting to be like centerpoint less now

12 Messages

2 months ago

You aren't alone. Been since 7/8 no Internet yet, was notified It was fixed on 7/13 just to come home to no Internet, the app says scheduled for 7/15 at 4:30pm as soon as 4 hit I checked the app and pushed to 6:30pm, still no fix and now all that is shown is as soon as possible? It's extremely disappointing as I am a new member I was unlucky enough to sign up before all this happened. I even asked for credits just to only be given a $5 credit to my bill what kind of insult is that? It's been 8 days without wifi, I've missed out on wages with work and I lost entertainment at home for my family. I would appreciate more than the recycled Comcast referral link, messaging directly on the forums or the app none of those options even work. The lack of transparency and effort to at least give a eta is disappointing.

1 Message

2 months ago

"as soon as possible" Whennnnnnnnnn😭, They were working 10 percent each day, until yesterday, they updated 3% and then today another 3% tomorrow what another 3%? 

I undertstand people are working hard but I dont understand, but I guess we need to wait until the end of the day friday.

Because they are focusing all their resources on new service. Sent a tech out a block away for a friend of mine setting up new service, he called yesterday and they sent a tech TODAY! But can’t send a tech to my block to fix mine. 12 days now, no internet and no eta. But damn if you want new service, “we’ll be right there!!!” I was fine when I thought was just low manpower but to find out they have plenty of manpower to send a tech out next-day service for new customer but screw me working from home paying them $70/month for years…. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

ATT and EZEEFiber did not experience outages and all of my neighbors were online when power was restored.

1 Message

2 months ago

Same here, we have been w/o internet since 7/8 and these guys don't even have an ETA. They say our team is working, but why can't we see them working anywhere and try to fix it?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

kuldips, We're aware of the interruption and how important it is to have an estimated time of solution. While we are unable to give you an estimated time when your service will be back on, please know that we're working to restore service as quickly and safely as possible. When estimates are provided, please know that they are just estimates and may change based on issues that may arise during repairs. We truly want to help. Once we get an update, we will provide it at the Status Center: https://www.xfinity.com/support/status?linkId=93148137, the Xfinity App, and this blog: https://texas.comcast.com/alerts/

If you haven't done so already, you can also sign up for alerts to be notified once the restoration has been completed. We also want to ensure customers are able to get credit for anytime there service was down, and have made the process simpler. All the steps are outlined here on this helpful document, just scroll down to the “Outage Credit” section for the walkthrough: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/check-service-outage

In order to check on everything for you on my end, I will just need to pull up the account. To get started, please send me a direct message with your first/last name and full address by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message.

2 months ago

I have the same issue, no service 12 days now and now eta. My friend one street over cancelled their AT&T service and called xfinity yesterday and got a tech out TODAY to set up new service! But I go through the online maze to get a call to be transferred 4 times to tell me they “my outage is due to the hub damaged in my area” (people on my street have service and next block, just not my block), “they can’t schedule a tech because my are is too damaged ” (they fixed the electricity with no issues and all the other neighbors have internet). This is the worst company I’ve ever done business with. Utilizing all their resources for new service and leaving their current customers without internet for 12 days now and probably months ahead. Not to mention the cable line laying in my yard for almost two weeks now…

6 Messages

2 months ago

I finally saw some xfinity trucks in my area today.  They were parked in the specs parking lot.  Been a week with a single text saying 7/19 estimated restore date but that changed back to "as soon as possible" within the next day.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Our situation different - sorry for all of you who haven't had internet for quite a while. We had very brief periods of no internet only on the day  storm hit but otherwise 100% there - until yesterday 7/19.  Seems like something happened that's fallen through the cracks.

Several weeks ago before Beryl confirmed heading here we received notification of a planned equipment upgrade on 7/19 that would disrupt service that day. Late on 7/18 got a text that work would start early 7/19 and "We anticipate completing our work within the day", 

7/19: At 8:39 text said they'd started, and again anticipate within the day. Early afternoon I noticed internet was up only briefly then at 15:48 received a text that work was completed, but our internet was then and now (11:08 7/20) still is down.  I immediately reported and called back several times with same story. As of last evening you show 98% complete.  When I call I'm told there's still service out in our area, but looking on the map there are only a couple small outages 1/2 mile or more from us.  Looks like we have a "Black Swan" here (something unexpected) and unidentified. 

It's a little curious that yesterday was the massive CrowdStrike problem (I'm a former IT guy and I'm glad to be retired) I've wondered if that's been a factor in the problems the last 24 hours.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there and welcome to Comcast! I am sorry to hear that your service has not been working lately. I am happy to take a look at your account. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

I am ordering Starlink residential and dropping Xfinity. This is absurd. 

1 Message

2 months ago

When will service be back on? Two weeks is crazy.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_jdmwc9, Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to visit our forums page for help with seeing when the services will be back on. As someone who depends on my internet service for my job, I would feel the same way. I am sorry to learn about this experience. We are the right place to go for help. The great news is Texas is now 99% restored. I would like to check on your account to see what's going on. To get started, please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address.You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

17 days with no internet service and STILL no ETA for restoration… website says 99% of service had been restored, lie. I’ve gotten 3 text messages over the last week saying “services have been been restored! Is your equipment working?”  No!  No one here fixing anything the tree still on the lines and line still laying in the yard. No xfinity workers anywhere in sight! 

1 Message

Day 17 without internet. This is ridiculous. Please help. 

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_disappointed​ 

17 days with no internet service and STILL no ETA for restoration… website says 99% of service had been restored, lie. I’ve gotten 3 text messages over the last week saying “services have been been restored! Is your equipment working?”  No!  No one here fixing anything the tree still on the lines and line still laying in the yard. No xfinity workers anywhere in sight! 

Comcast isn't going to remove the tree; you're going to have to have a tree removal service do that.  If it's your tree it will be at your expense; if it's a neighbor's tree it will be at their expense.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here