Travisoc326's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Sep 2, 2020 1:00 PM

Exhausted and not sure what to do. Advice needed.

I recently became a Xfinity user in the past month but when I signed up for stuff I really was not aware of what I was getting at the time. I recently moved into a new apartment and decided to go with xfinity and needed Internet as soon as possible for work. I read the site and priced what I needed for about 75 a month for the extreme internet only speed with their equipment online. So I decided to go to the Xfinity store so I could get my internet taken care of right away and they told me they were unable to do that and I had to bundle tv and such, I do not own a tv so the service was useless to me. I reluctantly said yes and ended up paying 118 dollars,  as I needed internet for work the next day. Well I tried to contact them multiple time and each time I get a run around with no progress. At this point I feel like it would just be easy to terimate my contract and sign up for the internet deal online and just go without internet for a week. Any advise is greatly appreciated

Responses

Again

Expert

• 

25.3K Messages

7 m ago

@Travisoc326 wrote:

I recently became a Xfinity user in the past month but when I signed up for stuff I really was not aware of what I was getting at the time. I recently moved into a new apartment and decided to go with xfinity and needed Internet as soon as possible for work. I read the site and priced what I needed for about 75 a month for the extreme internet only speed with their equipment online. So I decided to go to the Xfinity store so I could get my internet taken care of right away and they told me they were unable to do that and I had to bundle tv and such, I do not own a tv so the service was useless to me. I reluctantly said yes and ended up paying 118 dollars,  as I needed internet for work the next day. Well I tried to contact them multiple time and each time I get a run around with no progress. At this point I feel like it would just be easy to terimate my contract and sign up for the internet deal online and just go without internet for a week. Any advise is greatly appreciated

It's not as easy as you think.  If you're past 30 days, you'll owe a hefty early termination fee and you can't sign up for more than 30 - 90 days.  However, you can downgrade your service with no penalty.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Corporate Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

7 m ago

Hi and good afternoon, Travisoc326. Thank you for joining us here in the Xfinity Forums Community, we are happy to have you! I totally understand where you're coming from on not wanting to pay for service you don't need, especially considering you don't have a TV. There are certain package and promotions offered in different areas and sometimes we do run into restrictions. However, there is a good chance I have the opportunity to get you into an internet-only plan. I would be happy to pull up your account on my end and we can work together to find an option that fits. Sound good? To get started please send me a PM with your first and last name. I will reply from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.  

I look forward to speaking with you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here