U

3 Messages

Monday, October 14th, 2024 1:10 AM

Estimated Repair and/or Service Time - Augusta, GA and Grovetown, GA

Grovetown isn't on the list, so I'm relying on the drip-feed of random dates thrown out across different sources.

I'm enrolled in text messages, so between the app, outage map, and texts, I have been given estimations for the 19th, 5th, 19th, 14th, 12th, and the 13th. At noon on the 12th, it was bumped and said I should be serviced on the 13th by 5pm EST. When 5pm finally came and went, the outage map conceded and stopped even attempting to estimate a time.

I was told service has been restored by the automated chat the other week, which was true for all my neighbors according to the outage map, but not for me. Either the job wasn't done properly or there was some issue that wasn't communicated to me. There's no "a crew has been assigned" or "your crew has been delayed" or "we encountered an issue at your location" or "we are still working to find you a crew."

The best part is the Xfinity Assistant chatbot is stuck in a loop and won't respond to anything, so I can't even interact with it at this point. I just wish I could get a straight answer from someone or something, but here we are: radio silence after weeks of estimations changing with no rhyme or reason.

I don't care about empty apologies from underpaid and underappreciated employees that are forced to reply to everything in this forum. I just want to know when Comcast knows for certain that a technician is slated to come plug the line in, be told whether or not I can go to work without worrying about a technician needing access to my breaker/modem, or to be told to kick rocks for a month until bigger issues are sorted.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 days ago

Thank you for connecting with us about your service interruption, @user_me3pli. We are sad to hear this is still ongoing, and that you don't have an estimated time of repair. No worries. We can look into this for you. Please send a Direct Message with your full name, and complete service address. We look forward to your message.

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here