U

Tuesday, October 22nd, 2024 8:10 PM

Erroneous service call issue

I'm getting messages about a service call for a new cable line. The line is already installed. I have service.

When I try to cancel this order the automated system claims no record of the order. 

How do I cancel this call?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

20 hours ago

Thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums @user_li5yic! Does the cable still need to be buried or raised? Do you currently have a temporary/orange line?

2 Messages

Everything is complete. The line was buried in July. Our neighbor had declined to let a temporary line be run over their property so it had to be buried from the start.

I called support yesterday and was told the service call was too far along to cancel but that I should let the installer the situation know when they contact me.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Lets take a look at your account and see what is going on. To get started,  may I have you provide with your name and address? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.7K Messages

2 hours ago

@user_li5yic @XfinityRoberto 

Don't post that requested info here on these public help forums..... Send a private message to the team. Here's how;

To send a direct message (private message);

Click "Sign In" if necessary.

Click the "Direct Message" icon  in the upper right corner or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging  

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon.

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window.

Press the "Enter" key on your keyboard to send it.

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

[Permission from and credit given to BruceW].

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here