U

Friday, July 26th, 2024 9:31 AM

Equipment sent to old address when moving

I am currently in the process of moving from Cedar Hills, UT to Mishawaka, IN. I put in my information for the new address in order to have a new router sent to my Mishawaka address just a few days after I arrived, and I returned my equipment at the Cedar Hills address to the American Fork, UT store. However, now that I am en route and cannot return to the old address, I see that the router is instead being sent to the Cedar Hills address via UPS, rather than to the Mishawaka address as I requested.

As I physically cannot be present to pick up and return this equipment and do not wish it to be charged to my account, and because I still need a router at the new address, I need to have this issue addressed as soon as possible. While I did speak with a live assistant via chat last night, all that they were able to do for me was to update the address on my account, which was not at issue. I can certainly pick up a router from a local store once I arrive at my new address. However, that still will not eliminate the potential charge of having equipment at a location I can no longer do anything about.

Your prompt assistance is appreciated. Thank You.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

user_vmkoxb Thank you so much for taking the time to contact us while on the process of moving to your new location! We definitely want to make this process easier for you and while we cannot cancel the shipment once it is sent we can help by monitoring the account and equipment for you. Another thing you may try is to log in to the UPS/FEDEX site and change the delivery details if you have received the tracking information. 

Let's take a look together where this is at now and make sure we take care of this for you. When you are available, please send us a direct message with your full name and the new and previous service address. 

To send a direct message:

•  Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary 
•  Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon) 
•  Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
•  Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
•  Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
•  Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here