D

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 6th, 2022 12:55 AM

Closed

equipment return page not working

I was trying to get the returning label for UPS and I got stuck.  The page just didn't do anything after I selected 'UPS Prepaid Shipping' and clicked on the 'Confirm'.

(I can't just walk to a store to return that, the nearest one is 66 km away☹)

{Errors: [{ErrorCode: 5001, ErrorResponse: "Downstream System Failure"}]}
Errors: [{ErrorCode: 5001, ErrorResponse: "Downstream System Failure"}]
0: {ErrorCode: 5001, ErrorResponse: "Downstream System Failure"}
ErrorCode: 5001
ErrorResponse: "Downstream System Failure"

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

the picture of the page response, not sure what happened

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

I am so sorry that you are having this concern with your access to the site! You are able to get to the UPS store and they can do all of this for you too! If you want, you can also send me a DM with your name and address so I can help you find the stores or the UPS stores in your area. Let me know what works best for you! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Still broken in every browser. Any plans to fix this? Or just going to leave it permanently broken? Thanks

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_fa1c92 Sorry to learn of the issues with the equipment page. Have you tried other devices besides browsers at all? 

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

2 years ago

Still not working as of 2-22-22 in any browser.  The mobile app won't let us do returns and the Xfinity Assistant just takes us back to the same broken webpage.

A prepaid label was included with the replacement gateway, but that label is NOT for free pickup.  I tried both the UPS website and 800-PICKUPS (talked to a human, too) and UPS refuses to pick up this tracking number.  They want to charge a $18.96 pickup fee!  I can't have this billed to Xfinity, because I don't have Xfinity's UPS account number.

I called Xfinity and was told the included label is for drop off only.  The agent said I must print a label from the returns page of the website in my account in order to get free pickup, which of course I cannot do, since it doesn't work!  The Xfinity returns instruction page needs to be updated to inform customers of this difference between label types.

Better yet, when you ship a device to a customer, include a return label that has pickup prepaid in the first place and avoid all this mess!!

Taking the box into a public building is not an option for me during these Covid times.

Fix this, Comcast, or don't try to bill me for this second, unused gateway!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

Our Digital Return Center at https://comca.st/3v9tGB6,

• You can schedule an at-home pickup by initiating the equipment return at the Digital Returns Center, printing the UPS return label, boxing up the equipment and then calling 1-800-PICK-UPS to schedule the pickup. You will need the tracking number from the UPS return label to schedule the pickup.   
  • By printing out the label, you can drop off at The UPS Store or a UPS Authorized Shipper location.
  • Give package to a local UPS Driver.
  • Can call 1-800-PICK-UPS to schedule an at-home pickup by using the label tracking number. 

I hope this provides a little more in options for you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

Must be a bot replying here.  The canned response suggests this is the case.

If not a bot, then please read and understand posts before replying.  I can't schedule a pickup at the Digital Returns Center, because that is exactly the part of the Xfinity website that is NOT WORKING.  It does nothing upon clicking the Confirm button; it stays on that page in limbo.  Considering that, how do you propose I print a label using the returns center?

And to reiterate, drop offs are not an option for me.

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

I'm sorry this issue is still occurring for you @Xindefinite ! No worries, we're not bots and are here to help on the forums as experts. Are you logged into the primary Xfinity ID username when trying to print this return label? If you're not sure which username is the primary you can look it up here.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

@XfinityCassandra​ 

I logged in as primary (my account shows one user).

It works up until the Confirm button is clicked, at which point it briefly shows the busy icon on the button, then nothing further happens.  I waited for a long time in case there are delays in processing the request.  I tried various browsers and disabled all add-ons and still no joy.  Your software engineers need to fix this.

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

I appreciate you trying these steps. I'm sorry it's still giving you so much trouble! What type of device are you accessing the returns website on? (Laptop/desktop, smartphone/tablet, etc.)

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

2 years ago

<sigh>...  ok folks, don't even bother with direct messaging them.  They don't care to look at referenced threads (e.g., THIS thread, which I provided them a link to) and thus will ask questions irrelevant to the issue at hand and will make suggestions that have already been dismissed in the thread.  Talking to a brick wall would be as productive.

I had hoped that, once they had my personal details, they would at least email me a UPS label which has pickup prepaid, and I could report that being the solution for the time being, but no such offer was made.

Clearly, there will be zero help from Xfinity regarding this matter unless and until they decide to fix their broken website.  We are on our own.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

2 years ago

Update:

They've obviously been working on this, but it isn't fixed yet.  I tried it again today.  It went thru to the confirmation page, but unfortunately, my active device is on the page instead of my inactive device (the one I wanted to return and had been clicking on habitually without paying attention to the model number).

The app worked up to the point of printing the label, which fails in all browsers, so it still isn't actually providing the label.  They may eventually fix this part as well, who knows.

Now I need to cancel this return, as this is my current gateway, NOT the one I needed to return (which has mysteriously disappeared from the device list altogether).  Weirdness...

Unfortunately, there is no option to cancel a pending return on the website.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

Since the equipment isn't deactivated and removed unless it's returned you should be OK. I'd like to take a look to see if we do have an option to help you with getting the return label. Please send us a direct message to "Xfinity Support" with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message you may need to:
Click "Sign In"
Click the "direct message" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

Round and round we go.  I've been through all that with several agents.  Perhaps you have access to the direct message history – you should, since the same direct message thread was replied to by several employees.

In short, Xfinity's ultimate "solution" was to have a tech come out to check my service (Seriously?  I am on record as having stated there are zero issues with my internet service after the last tech replaced the lines!) and to pick up the gateway.  The last part is relevant and might work, IF the tech will provide a machine-printed, dated, tech-signed receipt proving that I returned the equipment.  Otherwise, no.

As it seems this web tool is being worked on, I may just keep checking to see whether the label printer gets fixed AND whether I can select the old gateway again.  I suspect, however, that the old gateway is forever gone from the list.  The irony!  If the label printer app finally starts providing pickup return labels, I still won't be able to use it to return the gateway.  What a train wreck this is.  And why did the old gateway show in my list as "inactive" but available for selection and now is completely missing from the device list?  Am I to understand from this that Xfinity no longer considers it returnable?  If it is still returnable, it should appear in the list of devices that I can start a return on, no?

If I can't select the old gateway and send the old gateway back with a newly printed label, my returned unit serial won't match the unit selected at the time the label was printed, and I can only imagine the kinds of problems with Xfinity's system that would create.  There is supposedly no expiration date on the original UPS dropoff label that was in the box with the replacement gateway, but that doesn't mean Xfinity still has a record of the old gateway's serial # and would process the return properly.  I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with this thing now.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@Xindefinite I can understand the trepidation and frustration since you've been dealing with this issue for so long. I do have the ability to review our past conversations, however; since they're older conversations, I would need you to send me a new direct message to take a deeper look into your account and equipment. 

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

2 years ago

Here we go.  I just got my latest bill and sure enough Xfinity is trying to charge me rental for this unused gateway that they won't supply the pickup return label for.  It's not my fault that YOUR website doesn't work.

Official Employee

• 

693 Messages

@Xindefinite I am sorry you are going through that. You are able to just drop off the gateway at any UPS location or Xfinity store. We will take it from there. 

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

2 years ago

Anyone who bothers to read this thread (and/or my related direct message thread) would see where I said I have not been able to "just drop off the gateway".

The point is, Xfinity claims that its customers can print a prepaid UPS return label and UPS will pick up the package free of charge.  The website app doesn't work.  Xfinity knows it doesn't work.  Yet, Xfinity is nevertheless charging customers for unused equipment that CANNOT be returned by the very method Xfinity claims is available and even recommends for returning said equipment.

Do you see the problem here?

Official Employee

• 

693 Messages

@Xindefinite 

Please send us a direct message. We will be happy to assist with your equipment. Thank you. 

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

2 years ago

Correction:  I just checked and Xfinity has changed the recommended return method to drop off at an Xfinity store.  At the time I was attempting to return this unused gateway, the recommended method was to print the prepaid pickup label.  This change is proof Comcast is well aware the website label printer doesn't work for anyone.

As for direct messaging and phone support, been there done that.  I was told by employees that employees are unable to email me the prepaid pickup label because it must "go through the UPS website".  Absurd.

I can create my own UPS pickup label if I want to pay for it.  It's not a difficult process.  I can also add pickup service to the label included in the replacement gateway box, but UPS will charge me the $18.95 pickup fee, because I can't provide UPS with Xfinity's UPS account credentials, meaning I cannot have it billed back to Xfinity.

It's ridiculous that employees at Xfinity also don't have access to Xfinity's UPS account credentials so they could manually create pickup labels for customers.  OR, the employees actually do have access to this info, but just don't know it or were told not to use it.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This is exactly what we are dealing with right now. EXACTLY. 

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

2 years ago

I gave up on the site and managed to get the gateway dropped off at UPS, using the original, non-pickup label supplied with the replacement.  The unit is now in Comcast's hands – I have proof of delivery/receipt.

I request that an employee remove the undue $14 rental charge from my latest bill (or credit me the $14) for the secondary, unused gateway, which could not be returned via the malfunctioning "free UPS pickup" label printer on your website.

Also, please cancel the erroneous return process on the replacement gateway that I am now using.

Thank you.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you for the detailed messages you've sent to us and we do understand you've been going through a pretty frustrating process. We would like to make sure and get this corrected for you and check the account. Please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address at your earliest convenience.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am have a similar problem!!! I started my return and I get to the part where I click on the button to print the label and it does not work.  I doesn't show the label to be able to take a screen shot or anything, just an error code saying page did not load, try again.  I have tried this for several days thinking it was maybe just a problem they were having that day but no luck.  Not happy.  Now I have to drive 50 miles to a UPS store to return the item.  VERY FRUSTRATING!  They better not charge me for not rturning it on time!

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hello there @user_9d0abc! Thank you so much for reaching out to us here via our Forums platform. I am sorry to see that you have been experiencing issues with getting a return label printed out. I will be more than happy to help you. Can you please send us a DM to start?

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

These options do not exist on my page......

- Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

And, there is no option for "chat" other than with your virtual Xfinity Assistant.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the exact same problem.  Using https://customer.xfinity.com/devices/returns/status I'm able to create a return authorization for the device I want to return.  No UPS label was generated at the time.  Now, I can check on the status of the return, and it gives me the option to print the label--yet whenever I do so, it returns an error message, asking me to try again later.

I've been trying for the past five days, using multiple browsers, turning off all my extensions, etc. with the same error.  It's pretty clearly a problem in the website.  The page even sends me to https://customer.xfinity.com/devices/returns/label/[UPS Tracking Code]  which suggests that a UPS shipment/label/tracking number is being created--just not turned into a printable label.

Support has been entirely unhelpful.  Either it's "just take it to the UPS store" or "wait a few days".  This afternoon, an agent tried to tell me that my internet service was down, but would be up by 3pm.  Um...no, it's not, it's working fine, it's your website that's broken.

If Xfinity is going to advertise that we can return things by UPS, I expect them to make good.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hey, @ursusarctos, thanks for being so descriptive in your message to get us on the same page. I appreciate you already taken those troubleshooting steps on your end to try and get past that error message. What is the main browser you prefer to use? Have you tried to clear your cache/cookies? If not, can you please do so now and let me know if that fixes the issue? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ Thanks for the reply.

I'm using Chrome, and I've tried both clearing the cache and cookies.  Same error message.

I've also tried using "incognito mode" on Chrome, which should bypass any site data.  Same error message.

I've also tried my backup browsers--Firefox and MS Edge--which I only use when I suspect something isn't working right under Chrome.  Same error message.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@ursusarctos, gotcha, it sounds like you've certainly taken all the right initial steps on your end. I'd like to take a deeper dive into this with you and possibly even submit a ticket to our engineer team if we can't fix this remotely. Either way I have your back on this. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Yes please!  As far as I understand the situation, escalating this to the engineer team seems pointed in the right direction--exactly the opposite of the "tech support runaround" that people were mentioning upthread.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@ursusarctos, if we need to go that route, I'll be sure to keep you in the loop every step of the way. I look forward to working with you on this in a direct message and making sure we can help with getting your equipment returned to avoid any nasty unreturned equipment fees. Those are never fun for anyone to see lol. I honestly love that Xfinity has so many convenient return options, so I'm sorry that you've had issues with this route.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

2 years ago

Well, they won't be fixing this or anything else on the website, since they're taking the website down altogether!  Most of you have probably seen that email.  I wonder whether the mobile app label printer will ever work.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here