U

Monday, October 14th, 2024 3:59 PM

Email stating my account is canceled

I received an email stating my account was cancel, which was news to me. I called customer service, which routed me to live agent chat. The agent said my account was canceled, but not to worry because he will reactive it. I expressed my concerns, wanting to make sure my service/plan/terms/price will remain the same. He assured me nothing will change. I asked him how/why this happened. He did not give me an answer. Instead, he sends me a link, which to me looked like a new plan. Even the price is more than what I'm currently paying. He asks me to accept the agreement. I asked him why price is different. He did not acknowledge my question. He proceeds to send the same link again, asking me to accept. I did not, and ended the live chat. Is this a scam?? Help, please...

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

4 days ago

user_9453xk Hello and thank you for reaching out here on our Xfinity Community Forums. I’m really sorry to hear about the confusion surrounding your account cancellation—that sounds incredibly frustrating, and I completely understand your concerns. It’s important to feel confident about your service and pricing.

Rest assured, I’m here to help you get to the bottom of this! It sounds like there may have been a misunderstanding during your chat with the agent. I’d love to assist you in clarifying everything and ensuring that your account details are correct. 

To get started, could you please send me a direct message with your full name and address? I want to make sure you have all the information you need and feel secure with your service.

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to helping you!

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here