raemoody's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, October 11th, 2024 11:34 PM

Email issue on iPhone 14 Pro Max iOS 18.01

Since updating my iPhone to iOS 18.0 I have been having an issue with my Comcast email account. I have deleted the account on my iPhone and have re-added the Comcast account to my Mail app. When I send an email account from my Apple email Address to my Comcast address. It goes through properly. However, when I send an email from my Comcast account to anywhere, I get an error message and the mail will not send. The era continuously asked me to input my Comcast password. I I have have tried over 20 times inputting my correct password. However, it appears that the Comcast system is not accepting it. I have no problems logging into the Xfinity iPhone app using the same password. Can you tell me what I need to do?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

6 days ago

Hello raemoody Is this only occurring on the updated iPhone? Are you otherwise able to log in into your email via the Xfinity website

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Yes, I can login to the Xfinity website with no problems. I can receive email sent to Xfinity on my iPhone. But, I can’t send emails from my iPhone using the Xfinity server. Every day I get a notification on my iPhone that the IMAP password is incorrect.  I’ve checked that, but it is correct. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

OK, that's good to know! When singing into Xfinity on the PC, can you please make sure that Third Party Emails are enabled? This can be found via this article

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here