KVolk's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 7th, 2024 5:42 PM

Email account is unavailble

For the last two weeks I have not been able to access one of my comcast email accounts. I have three emails with comcast the main account which is fine, my account the one with the issue and my wife's account which is fine as well. When I got these emails back in 2009 the main account was the one that is tied to my Xfinity account and the other two are sub accounts. Two weeks ago for no reason I stopped getting access to my sub account. I called the help line and after two people just put me on hold and never came back on the phone the third person told me to call the security assurance line and gave me the number. I called that number and this time the second person gave me the information that while they can't assist me they would create a ticket so it could be escalated to a higher level of help. One week goes by and no contact so I call again and the most helpful person I got yet figured out what the issue is but had to send me to someone else and gave me another ticket. The last person who called basically said that because I supposedly had a different phone number 15 years ago that I don't remember and don't know I am basically stuck with out my email. It seems some how for 15 years unknown to me my secondary email is tied to a phone number I don't have?!? I shared all the cell and lan line numbers I have had since 2009 and they just say "sorry invalid cant help you". I am glad they are being security conscious but come on!! A number from 15 years ago I don't have or know and that is the only way they can fix my email!!! I asked can you use another method? "No" can you escalate this to another level to help solve this issue? "No" This is an egregious example of how a long term customer is not valued and how company procedure is more important that customer service. I need a different answer than "no" and "sorry" and "invalid"!!

Quick update I am now waiting on my ninth representative of the comcast service team to see if they can do anything. Hoping this is the one!

Second update since I didnt get any help yet I emailed the VP of customer service Jason Brewer. Hopefully that is the right man and he can provide some meaningful help.

Final update...Its fixed!! The ninth person was able to release my email and did it with efficiency and professionalism. So glad this is done.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

@KVolk Good afternoon! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team! I can see how this would be frustrating, and I want to assist you in moving in the right direction for a resolution. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, the service address, and the email addresses we will be working with today?

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here