U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 16th, 2021 3:18 PM

Closed

E911 service activation email received

I had ordered a new router this morning and shortly after I got an email saying I had not accepted the terms for 911 services which directed me to a site called istonish which I in error clicked on. Is this real or fake and is there any action I need to take and if fake how did this get sent to me after I order new product 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @user_f5f4b6! Thanks for spending your time to use our forums page to reach out for help with the E911 service activation concern. I always take security matters very seriously as I was a victim of ID theft before so I would have the same question. We are very grateful for the opportunity to assist you with this concern today. After further research, I have confirmed that the direction to the istonish site is not fake. With this order process, when a customer says "no" or fails to respond at any point during the process, normally the call will be transferred to a third-party (Istonish) agent. To be on the safe side here is also a link to [accept the terms for the E911 services](https://comca.st/3uiq7Wc). Please let me know if this helps.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here