U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Apr 16, 2021 3:18 PM

E911 service activation email received

I had ordered a new router this morning and shortly after I got an email saying I had not accepted the terms for 911 services which directed me to a site called istonish which I in error clicked on. Is this real or fake and is there any action I need to take and if fake how did this get sent to me after I order new product 

Responses

ComcastGabe

Official Employee

• 

173 Messages

25 d ago

Hi, @user_f5f4b6! Thanks for spending your time to use our forums page to reach out for help with the E911 service activation concern. I always take security matters very seriously as I was a victim of ID theft before so I would have the same question. We are very grateful for the opportunity to assist you with this concern today. After further research, I have confirmed that the direction to the istonish site is not fake. With this order process, when a customer says "no" or fails to respond at any point during the process, normally the call will be transferred to a third-party (Istonish) agent. To be on the safe side here is also a link to [accept the terms for the E911 services](https://comca.st/3uiq7Wc). Please let me know if this helps.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here