U

Tuesday, August 20th, 2024 5:39 PM

Drop cables have been in my yard now for 100 days

On May 12th, 2024, a temporary drop cable showed up in my yard without any explanation or timeframe for burial.  After a dozen calls to Comcast Support, 3 conversations with Xfinity technicians, and a conversation with an 811 marker over the last several months, I've learned all kinds of things.  811 markings have occurred twice now with no follow-up burial.  At one point, a second (black) drop cable showed up one day.  I myself have tripped over the cables several times while trying to mow around them, and I've seen students walking from the nearby school bus stop trip over the cables.  I've contacted my county DOT, and no permits have been applied for during these 100 days.  The ground has not been wet, or frozen, or anything other than ideal for burying temporary drop cables.  So, the problem must be that Comcast contractors are not available.  Since the temporary cable down the road from me took 2 years to bury, I'm desperate for a quicker solution and posting here as another avenue to urge Comcast to get a different or simply another contractor to get these safety hazards buried.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

2 months ago

Hello, user_ix4r7i thank you for taking time out of your day to reach out over Xfinity Forums. I appreciate all the detailed information it's helpful. I definitely want to help get the line work resolved as quickly as possible, and want to investigate further to see what team of experts I need to loop in. If the line in question is a mainline which supports the whole neighborhood this requires our construction experts. 

Since I will need to gather some information that we don't want in our public conversation, when you have time please send a direct message: 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service

7 Messages

Yeah, no thank you, chat bot. Those instructions will just initiate worthless support conversation number 13. This is ridiculous.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_ix4r7i​ 

There are no chat bots here.  @XfinityJustinC is a real human being and is a corporate employee that will help get this line buried.  You'd be wise to send that DM.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

user_ix4r7i I definitely understand the hesitency in sending the direct message, but wanted to assure you that I'm a real person. Working with customers in the past I've been successful with helping get similar delayed line issues resolved, by getting in touch with our local field technician, maintenance, or construction experts. Depending on which type of line it is, each of these teams handle different types. 

If you want to proceed with getting support, please send the direct message at your convenience. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

@Again​ We shall see.  I've sent the DM, but I'm also very ready to identify you as a chat bot, too, if this puts me in yet another tier 1 support queue that gets my yard painted and flagged a 3rd time - prepping for a burial that doesn't happen...

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@user_ix4r7i I appreciate you sending the direct message, I'll follow up with you there to help get the line work completed. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.

7 Messages

23 days ago

Day 137:  I received emails and texts saying that the line was scheduled to be buried yesterday (9/25/24).  An 811 tech came out a 3rd time last Thursday (9/19) and painted again. But, no one showed up to bury the line yesterday...not surprised.

7 Messages

13 days ago

Day 147:  Another iteration of Comcast sending the wrong contracted team to my house, who are only equipped to bury the line from the box to my house, which doesn't need done (this line has been buried for 9 years); so, this 3rd burial team closed the ticket with no work done for the 3rd time. And, the temporary drop main line that has plagued me for months continues to stretch across my yard causing a safety risk. No new open ticket with the correct team; no one telling me when this main line is going to be buried; not sure why I keep trying - it's a waste of my time and energy other than if I don't, it won't ever get buried...

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

@user_ix4r7i  This is definitely not the experience we want for you. I would be more than happy to look into what's happening with getting that line buried. Please meet be back in our DM so I can look into this further. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here