U

Thursday, October 3rd, 2024 1:02 AM

Down Cable Line and Unable to contact support

I am now on my 5th day without service after a down cable  line down the street. I have been unable to communicate with support due to being blocked from getting through due to the area outage. I am beyond frustrated with my customer service experience and the lack of communication related to repairs. I am dependent on an Internet connection for my job and this is beginning to impact my career. I would like to be contacted to have a better idea when I can expect my service to be restored. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

17 days ago

user_gbcqwt Thank you so much for your post about help with service restoration. We do apologize for any inconvenience any interruption may cause and provide real-time updates using our Xfinity status center and your Xfinity account.  If you are one of our customers impacted by Helene know our teams have been working around the clock as soon as they were given the all-clear to enter areas to get services restored.  In some areas, we do not have estimated times available due to the amount of work needed and even needing to wait for other services before we can start work. To report any line issues we ask you to use these steps here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/report-an-issue to make sure your request is received. If you have used that process we are aware of the line and will complete repairs as soon as possible. If you do not see any alerts when you access the Xfinity status center let me know. 

4 Messages

I have already reported the down line but have yet to receive a confirmation email. I continue to just see that it is under investigation for my area. 

4 Messages

I’m also in the Midwest and am not in the south. We have not had any additional weather in my area since Friday. 

Official Employee

• 

528 Messages

Thank you for confirming that you reported the line being down. Our techs are working as quickly and as safely as possible to get services restored for our customers affected by the hurricane. When you check the status center, are you seeing any updates? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

No I have not seen any since Friday. 

Official Employee

• 

528 Messages

Looks like we'll need to take a closer look at what is going on. Can you send us a private (direct) message with your full name and address when you have a moment? 

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

15 days ago

It was a pleasure @user_gbcqwt working with you in private and getting you taken care of. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll always be here for you.-Richard

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here