Rik11's profile

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

Sunday, July 31st, 2022 6:54 PM

Closed

Don't want to use two step verification - How stop Xfinity from asking every time you sign in?

Xfinity tries to get you to turn on two step verification every time you sign in. The two step verification page opens every time you try to sign into an Xfinity page (instead of the actual page you wanted to visit). There's no way to decline the two step verification on the page. In order to get to the page you want without accepting two step verification you have to enter the page's address again. How can you get Xfinity to stop nagging to turn on two step verification (or at least put a decline button which would bring you to the page you wanted)?

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

2 years ago

I think I found a way to get rid of the nag page. When the page comes up, agree to the two step verification. Then go to your Xfinity account settings > Xfinity ID and Password and turn off two step verification.

You'd think someone at Xfinity would know how to do this instead of the person asking the original question having to come up with a solution.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@Rik11​ hi and thanks for your solution am trying it now!

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

2 years ago

Same thing is happening here. When I sign in, it brings me to a window with no option but to select two-step verification. If I wanted to do that, I would have done it officially. I do not.

Since I'm already signed in, the work-around has worked to open a new web window. But that's ridiculous. 

If someone has a method to permanent remove this unwanted feature, please share.

J

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello! In my experience, those that don't want to enter a number usually enter 111-111-1111, or 000-000-0000. Does that work for you? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

@XfinityChe​ Wouldn't that change the mobile number on your account to 111-111-1111 or 000-000-0000 since the only available option is to change your number? Also, wouldn't you risk getting locked out of your account that way because you wouldn't be able to receive the verification text at those numbers?

Contributor

• 

205 Messages

After a month of this in my case, after a large collection of chats, support phone calls, etc., I finally found the answer.

In my case, I had a private email setup in my profile. This satisfied the security issues because pretty much forever, you needed at least one of either a private email or your cell phone or both. And most Comcast web pages still reference this setup.

A few days ago, I found a Comcast web page called Protecting Your Xfinity Account Information: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/account-protection

Under the section Password Recovery, it says you can supply a private email, mobile phone number or secret question! I added the secret question. Now, with the secret question and private email I no longer get the intercept. I also do not have two-step verification enabled. Input the secret question in:

My Account/Users/Your account

As I've passed onto them, they need to do some cleanup on their documentation, not to mention the popup that only says to add a mobile phone number! It should address the two options that are not enabled.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Not acceptable.  Intercepting the web page and forcing the 2 step page is bs.  I'm glad you have a work around.  I don't want comcast to have any more of my information.  

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

@plummerld​ I have an email address and cell number listed and added the secret question. I still get the enable two step verification nag page when signing in.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

anyone have an answer to this?  I stay signed in, they have my comcast email and another one, my phone number, and two step authorization is set to off. it’s bad enough that they took away the email app, but now when I go to my email in the browser I get this message about two step authorization and there is no way to decline! tried everything suggested here, nothing is working. 

Official Employee

• 

455 Messages

Hello @summerone I do get what you are saying. I would like to take a look at your account to see if there is anything that we can do for you. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

2 years ago

I still had to sign in the back door method in order to not be forced into signing up for unwanted two-step verification. Therefore the problem has not been corrected since I posted two months ago--which is after the initial poster brought it to the attention of Xfinity. 

I do not want to be told that someone needs to look at my account. It is obvious it is a universal problem. Fortunately, I do not have the same problem on the mobile app.

Perhaps someone can look into the issue once and for all. 

JZ

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD stop asking for a 2 step verification. DO NOT want to do this, and that leads to so many more clicks and re-directs to avoid this. I am glad to see so many others also requesting this, so Xfinity: please listen and STOP! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Even to post this request to STOP 2 step verification IT ASKED ME TO do it. UGH!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Can I just say: ME TOO!! I'm so tired of this! It literally asks if you want it and then gives you no option for NO!!!!!!! If they're not going to give us a choice, then why do it this way? I can't seem to find the place where you toggle it "off." Ugh! It is getting down to the last straw for me with Xfinity.

After being on the phone today to resolve a simple issue for over an hour and being transferred 4 times, I'm about done in. I've had numerous issues with both the mobile service and the cable. May have to find another provider. I'm just plain tired of trying to work out problems with them.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here