N

Tuesday, October 15th, 2024 8:50 PM

Does anyone in customer service know how to do their jobs???

I've called twice trying to cancel my internet at my previous address. The first call I was told my service was successfully transferred to my new address, but it turns out my internet at the previous address was never canceled, and I received another bill for it. I called a second time to cancel it, and this time I received an email after the call ended saying it was successfully canceled. However, it was canceled ar my NEW address where I currently live, despite stating the address where I needed it canceled MULTIPLE TIMES during that call. Does anyone here know how to do their jobs?? I don't care how polite they are on the phone. I just want them to fix my very straightforward problem correctly.

I turned off autopay and disconnected my bank account for the previous account at my old address. I will not be paying that bill since I no longer live there, do not use that internet, and have tried to cancel multiple times. Moreover, it needs to be canceled so the next resident can set up an account at that address, and my landlord keeps calling asking why ir hasn't been canceled. Customer service is supposed to help people, not create MORE problems for your customers.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 days ago

Good afternoon @Nat_V and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Communities team on our Forums, we appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating experience trying to cancel service at your previous address, this is not the kind of frustrations we want for any of our valuable customers. After making multiple attempts to cancel, I can see why you are upset and where you are coming from. Rest assured, you've reached the right team to help. 

We'd be happy to get the old account and the previous address pulled up to make sure it gets disconnected for the next tenant as well as apply any applicable credits for services that you were billed for but did not use. Our team is committed to making this situation right and turning things around. 

To get started, we'll need to collect a few pieces of sensitive information to locate the account and then verify it. Can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account including any applicable unit or apartment numbers so we can better assist?

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here