cpupro's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Thursday, January 25th, 2024 1:04 PM

Closed

DOCSIS 4.0 Coming

How can we find out where on the list will this be coming to our homes?

"DAVE WATSON     
President & CEO, Comcast Cable

We’re entering the next phase of this industry leadership with DOCSIS 4.0 technology to introduce X-Class Internet products that will revolutionize the way our customers get online today and many years into the future.

Introducing X-Class Internet

Symmetrical 10 Gbps service based on fiber-to-the-home technology is already available in all of Comcast’s markets, and as part of its continued network evolution and the introduction of DOCSIS 4.0, multi-gig symmetrical speeds are rolling out.

New and existing residential customers connected via DOCSIS 4.0 will have access to Comcast’s newly introduced next-generation X-Class Internet portfolio. X-Class speed tiers include X-300 Mbps, X-500 Mbps, X-1 Gbps and X-2 Gbps upload and download speeds and low lag for the ultimate live sports streaming experience on Peacock, smooth connections on work calls, and ultra-responsive gaming."

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

6 months ago

cpupro Hi there! We do not have a an exact date as to when these blazong fast internet speeds will be released in your area. However, you can sign up for alerts to be nmotified when the work starts. You can sign up here: 

https://www.xfinity.com/network#stayinformed

Contributor

• 

168 Messages

6 months ago

@cpupro - Xfinity started real world production testing of their new X-Class Internet Service in 3 markets: Colorado Springs, CO., Atlanta, GA and Philadelphia, PA.
Within their N+0 HFC plant configuration, meaning only homes that are directly connected with the last mile Coax to the nearby Fiber Node (with no additional Amplifiers), so their footprint is very-very limited.
That is based on the Comcast Lab presentation published by the CableLabs Video. So, it sounds like, mass deployment of this new DOCSIS 4.0 service won't happen until later in 2025 and beyond...

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

I wouldn't care about this if Comcast wasn't my only option. But 2025, that stinks.

Contributor

• 

168 Messages

@bdoyle42 - In the mean time see if you can get the "Mid-Split" upstream upgrade for faster upload speeds, as referenced in this article: https://www.xfinity.com/networkmanagement

as Comcast has been actively upgrading their HFC plants in preparations to the DOCSIS 4.0 deployments.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @bdoyle42,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. It is true that are teams are working tireless working on deploying new technologies to help evolve our network and delivery the best Internet speeds, the best experience possible, and more. We're building this infrastructure over time and neighborhood-by-neighborhood, so it can take quite some time before mass-market availability. You can read our initial article by visiting our 'Comcast Delivers Multi-Gig Symmetrical Speeds in The World's First DOCSIS 4.0 Deployment' press release. If there happens to be anything more we could assist you with, please let us know.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

6 months ago

When are you going to have it in Buckley WA? I am in the Seattle-Tacoma area.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

6 months ago

When you go Docsis 4.0, you need to upgrade your routers to WiFi 7 and not 6E.

Contributor

• 

168 Messages

@kam518 - Actually it all depends on what Speed Tier of X-Class Internet service you select and if you choose to have X-500Mbps and above, the Xfinity will provide a D4 FDX capable Cable Modem, (You'll receive professional setup for speed tiers over 500 Mbps.) and as it's referenced in their fine print (...and Xfinity-provided equipment for X-500 and above tiers is currently not compatible with Storm Ready WiFi...)

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

What WiFi are they going to do? 6E or 7?

Contributor

• 

168 Messages

@kam518 - XB8 is 6E, so I guess 6E...

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

I was talking about when they do Docsis 4.0 modem and router, not the XB8.

Contributor

• 

168 Messages

@kam518​ - here you go: "Comcast unveiled the first gateway, which acts as a modem and router, that supports both its next-generation internet service, called DOCSIS 4.0, and Wi-Fi 7."

6 months ago

Anyone in Bellevue, Wash. have either the x2 or the mid-split upgrade user_noname refers to above?

Contributor

• 

168 Messages

@need_symmetrical_asap  - Perhaps you should inquire from Xfinity, if your address could get Gigabit Pro x10 service, it's Fiber service with 10Gbps Symmetrical Metro Ethernet service with Juniper ACX2100 Metro Switch. Here is the Wiki link for your perusal.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

674 Messages

@need_symmetrical_asap, thank you for using the Community Forums page. I would be happy to look into whether you have access to the mid-split validation which offers increased upgrade speeds. Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to get started. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

@need_symmetrical_asap​ I asked about the mid-split upstream in my area, it’s not available in Buckley yet. My area will probably be last ones to get anything in Seattle area

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

2 months ago

I am still not getting higher upload speeds in Buckley WA. I have 1.2 Gigabit, which is the high download speed available where I live. Why is Xfinity being so slow getting internet speeds higher in my area?

Official Employee

• 

898 Messages

Hi @kam518 Thanks for asking about our current speeds. I am happy to go over the current speeds being offered for your area. Can you please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

I already know what speeds are being offered in my area. 1.2 Gigabit my current plan is the highest speed available and still no increase in upload speeds. I am in Buckley WA.

Official Employee

• 

615 Messages

kam518 Hello, we are happy to check if higher speeds have been added in your area. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

No speeds have been increased yet. When is the timeline to do construction and upgrades in Buckley WA?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Unfortunately kam518 there is no direct timeline. The best option would be to optimize and ensure you have your notifications turned on in your Xfinity profile. If you begin to see more frequently network upgrades coming to your local grid, it could be coming soon, but there is not a timeline that we are able to provide. 

https://www.xfinity.com/network#faq

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here