U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 26th, 2021 8:31 PM

Closed

Do I need to upgrade my modem

My modem which I rent from Xfinity is several years old and I'd like to know if I should get an upgrade to maximize service. My connection freezes and drops off frequently and I have to reboot the modem more often. Everything is good with my router, computer and modem placement. My modem is an Arris Interactive, L.L.C. TG862G Serial #: (Edited: Personal Info).  I have just spent a very frustrating couple of hours on the site and in a live chat that apparently got dropped trying to find an answer to this question.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Update - I finally got a live chat response that said that my modem is current and nothing seems to be wrong and that she would be happy to work with me to see if there are any other issues, but I didn't get any further responses after that. I located the [Edited: "Personal Information"] phone # and the automated voice put me through rebooting my modem once again and then the call got dropped. Probably my fluctuations in internet service are causing the calls and chats to get dropped. Kind of hard to communicate with Xfinity about fluctuating internet connection via the internet! I have given up for today on getting any assistance or resolution on this. Sure would like to be able to talk with a live real person in tech support there!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

828 Messages

3 years ago

@user_b7e2b0

Hello! I hope you are having a wonderful day! I would love the opportunity to look at your signal levels to see what is going on. Can you send us a Peer 2 Peer chat? (Use the chat icon in the upper-right to compose a new message to "Xfinity Support"). Thank you!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here