M

Sunday, October 6th, 2024 11:26 PM

direct message

I can't seem to access direct messaging on the forum or I can't see the link for it.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

12 days ago

I can't seem to access direct messaging on the forum or I can't see the link for it.

The Direct Messaging icon for private messages doesn't appear until you have made your first post. You should be able to see it now as long as you are logged in to a forums.xfinity.com page (you may need to reload the page after posting).

Please be aware that using Direct Messaging before you have been asked to do so is considered a violation of the Forum Acceptable Use Policy. See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/guidelines/xfinity-forum-acceptable-use-policy/602d9c64c5375f08cd574236.

You are encouraged to first post a description of your question or problem in the appropriate Forum topic section without including any personal information. If personal information is needed you'll be asked to provide it in a private Direct Message.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

12 days ago

MAxf_1 @BruceW Is right on point! Our team would be more than happy to help to get started please create your own public post without your account information. Please provide as many details about your experience, questions, or concerns as possible. Doing so will auto-open a ticket in our system, and we can assist you in the order your request is received. Please note that sending unsolicited private messages to myself or any other user is a direct violation of our forum guidelines. Per those guidelines, continued violations could be subject to a revocation of your Xfinity Forum privileges. We never want to get to that point with any user, so we recommend reviewing those guidelines thoroughly. You must first create a Public post requesting assistance, and once a Comcast verified employee responds and asks for a private message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here