U

Saturday, October 5th, 2024 7:11 PM

Digging Up Yard with No Notice, Over a Month!

About a month ago I was working from home, which I do every Monday and Friday (this is also why I pay extra for the top internet speed) when my Internet dropped.  Then it was spotty for about an hour.

When work was done I came up from my home office and saw that there was a cable in our small ditch.  I received absolutely no notification that this was going to happen at all.  No call, no letter, no email, nothing.  Nothing in the app.  That's annoying, as we live outside the city and have to mow and maintain this chunk of our property.  Hopefully it will be quick I foolishly thought 

A few weeks later, we ate our family Sunday dinner as it grew dark.  Around 7-8 PM my daughter (7) started to get edgy because there was a truck with flashing lights in our yard.  So I went out to see what was happening (have I mentioned no notice at all?) and a woman in the truck let me know that her boyfriend is being contracted by Comcast to bury this cable and is marking your yard.

So now I have some dude and his girlfriend, in our yard, in the dark, on a Sunday milling about.  Not Comcast, but this guy Comcast contracted with.

That was a few weeks ago.  Today, yet again with no notice, on a Saturday at noon a crew came and started digging up the yard.  They aren't a Comcast crew, but again contractors from another city.  They dug out out the grass in our yard, but at least they buried the cable.  Except they did not.  The bloody cable is still in our way and we now have a patch of yard with no grass.

I understand the right to maintain lines, but that comes with communication and there has been none.  This also doesn't mean that some guy shows up far outside of business hours, startling my family, with HIS NON-EMPLOYEE GIRFRIEND because they were in the area.  Destroying my yard on the weekend, taking out my Internet with no notification.  It all feels privacy-invading and boundary crossing.

I am already so frustrated with Comcast in general. I pay a ton for service, I have to drive 45 minutes away to talk to anyone, if I call them it's a two hour hell of someone from another country pretending that they are not, it's incredibly frustrating.  It would be one thing if we were notified and this was happening quickly and done, but it's drug out for a month.  I'm incredibly irritated and frustrated, why pay so much money to be treated so poorly.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

13 days ago

Greetings, @user_95d1a5! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you've had so many issues with this line on your property, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here