user_bhkl5o's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, June 2nd, 2024 4:14 PM

Deleting comcast email account

I purged myself from comcast of everything and was still using the email that has become extremely slow and when I do get email it comes in groups of mainly scams and phishing garbage.

I want to delete my email account and use another service without leaving crumbs of information behind.

How can I delete everything?

Thank you in advance

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

3 months ago

The concern is not "Community Center / Guidelines" related...................... Topic moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hello @user_bhkl5o, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. We're happy to help. Here are the instructions on how to completely delete your Xfinity email account: 

1. Sign In to Your Xfinity Account:

2. Access Account Settings:

• After signing in, navigate to the “My Account” section.
    • You can find this option by clicking on your name or profile icon in the upper right corner and selecting “My Account” from the dropdown menu.
  3. Manage Email Accounts:

• In the My Account section, look for the “Users” or “Settings” tab.
    • Select the “Users” option to manage the different users associated with your account.
  4. Select the Email Account to Delete:

• Identify the email account you want to delete.
    • Click on the username or email address of the account you wish to remove.
  5. Delete the Email Account:

• You may see an option to “Remove User” or “Delete Account.”
    • Confirm that you want to delete the account. This may involve entering your password again for security purposes.
    • Follow any additional prompts to complete the process.
  6. Confirm Deletion:

• After following the prompts, confirm that the account has been deleted. You may need to check your primary email or account for a confirmation message.        

Please let us know if you have any questions and we're happy to help. 

(edited)

1 Message

These instructions are not working for me as there no manage email accounts under account setting. Is there a number I can call to get my email account deleted?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Good evening @user_mug1ci, and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Communities team on our Forums, we appreciate your time and hope you are having a wonderful week. I see that you stated these instructions are not working for you and are happy to help further. I know you stated there is no manage email accounts under account settings, to confirm do you see the “Users” or “Settings” tab?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

I only see the option to remove from account. I want to delete so email sent to that address is rejected. Where is that?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Artiemon Do you have an active account with us, aside from the email boxes? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

1 month ago

It is unconscionable the amount of work that an account holder has to go through to delete their account!

It's taken us days to find an ounce of information to close this out. The information offered is vague and no direct contact with a human is offered.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_v73ri3 That is not at all the experience we want any customer to have. Our Xfinity email addresses are not normally deleted as they move from account to account and customers do get the benefit of having access to their email for as long as they are actively logging in. Do you still currently have an active account with Xfinity? Have you already used the steps above to see if you can delete the account that way? 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

25 days ago

I'm in the same boat.  I canNOT find "how" to delete my email account.  I am not an Xfinity customer either.  I just want the email gone.  I don't use it.  This is ridiculous!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @TerraGrace! When you disconnect Xfinity services, the email will be automatically deactivated if it is not used or logged in to within 90 days of disconnecting services. 

After services are disconnected, the email account will be deactivated if it is not logged in to for 12 months.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

25 days ago

I want to delete my comcast email because it is getting hacked multiple times a day and by passing 2MFA.  I have called your security assurance team, but there's nothing much they can do except password resets and bumping everyone off that is currently logged in.  I've given up on my comcast email at this point.  Even if I don't sign-in, hackers will sign in resetting the 90-day clock so it'll never get disconnected at this rate.  What can be done as an alternative besides not logging in?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @kizzma563. The only information I have found for the steps in deleting a email address would be to, 

1. Sign In to Your Xfinity Account:

2. Access Account Settings:

• After signing in, navigate to the “My Account” section.
    • You can find this option by clicking on your name or profile icon in the upper right corner and selecting “My Account” from the dropdown menu.
  3. Manage Email Accounts:

• In the My Account section, look for the “Users” or “Settings” tab.
    • Select the “Users” option to manage the different users associated with your account.
  4. Select the Email Account to Delete:

• Identify the email account you want to delete.
    • Click on the username or email address of the account you wish to remove.
  5. Delete the Email Account:

• You may see an option to “Remove User” or “Delete Account.”
    • Confirm that you want to delete the account. This may involve entering your password again for security purposes.
    • Follow any additional prompts to complete the process.
  6. Confirm Deletion:

• After following the prompts, confirm that the account has been deleted. You may need to check your primary email or account for a confirmation message.        

1 Message

None of these steps are real or helpful at all. There is no "My Account" option , nor Users nor Settings. When you select "Account and Identity", you can click on your email address but then there is no Remove User or Delete Account. Xfinity is an impossible company and I'm happy to be moving on. Hopefully my comcast email will disappear after 90 days as promised.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here