U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 26th, 2024 11:15 AM

Deceptive switch to NOW TV

TWIMC:

On 8/30/2024 I contacted Xfinity to discuss my bill and spoke to someone name Jolly about the increase in my bill to $254.  She told me that my bill would be reduced to $160 since I was a long term customer (>35 years).

She went on to tell me that there would be no change in my cable channels, Internet, telephone or Netflix services.  I expressed gratitude for her offer.

I kept questioning her about the retention in services with the price reduction and she kept trying to reassure me by insisting that there would be NO changes.  I also told I was not interested in a contract and she told me there is NO CONTRACT.

She sent me the consent document to sign via text and I questioned the clauses about items being removed.  She told me that isn't the case and Xfinity needed to change the language in the contract to make it easier for customers to understand.

I was out of town at the time of this encounter with her.  I learned upon my return home that I lost all of the local channels and preferred channels I watch as well as  Netflix.  I learned that she deceptively switched me to Now TV with a list of worthless channels.

On 9/1/2024, I contacted both the retention and technical support departments.  I spoke with Mary, Brian and I believe Jennifer or Jessica (retention) and shared my experience.  Upon my questioning, I was informed by Brian that there is a recording of my initial conversation with Jolly and he noted the exact time I spoke with her.  He informed me that an investigation would occur with a review of the recording.  I requested to speak with an Xfinity executive after the review the recording of my initial conversation with Jolly.  I was promised a follow up call and to date I have not received a call.

I was also told by both Mary and Brian in tech support that I could not switch back to my original “legacy” plan because it was no longer available.  It would have been available if I wasn’t deceived into the switch to NOW TV! 😠

I did receive a text to complete a survey with a follow up request to explain why I rated them a zero. I did send a detailed explanation with again no response.  

After over 35 years with Xfinity and legacy companies, I have no trust or respect for your deceptive business practices.  These customer violations include misrepresentation of the switch to NOW TV, obstructive business practices with your AI customer service and your dishonest customer service representatives and inadequate resolution offered.

I deserve better and feel like a fool for being a loyal customer for over the past 3 decades!  Your business has declined to a less than poor customer service experience!

I don't expect the courtesy of an attempt from Xfinity to resolve this matter with me so I am left with seeking arbitration.  

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

24 days ago

Hello user_e21f92.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this situation has caused you. Your experience is very important to us, and we want to make sure you feel valued and heard. I will take full responsibility for ensuring that your concerns are addressed thoroughly. This situation is not what we strive for, and I am committed to finding a resolution for you. Thank you for your patience and loyalty despite the ongoing issues. I appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, which helps us understand and address the problem more effectively.

To make this process as smooth as possible, please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here