U

Tuesday, April 30th, 2024 8:19 PM

Data Overage

There is nothing I have changed in my house that would justify my data this month going over the 1.2TB you have capped. I have been with Comcast since 2007.

Last Sept I used 195 GB, Oct 262GB, Nov 4407Gb

Dec 340Gb, Jan 373Gb, Feb 501Gb, Mar 988GB, now in April I supposedly have used 1.43TB of data.

This is an insane amount of data for any household to use! I want to know why all of the sudden my usage has gone from normal to insanely rediculous.

In April when I received the message saying I was nearing the 1.2Tb customer service suggested re-starting my modem. So I did. I told everyoe in this house, mark my words next month I gaurantee they will say we are over! Over the 1.2TB of data! there is no way we have used that much data. I have disconnected everything and re-started all the boxes and modem. I have removed any old devices. Anything I didn't regonize I paused. this morning when I tried to connect my work laptop to our remote service I couldn't.

This is unacceptable! I work from home internet is very important for me to do my job. i pay over $300 for TV Internet, and phone that I don't need and can't get rid of unless I want to pay more per month. I can't sign up for any promotions or deals for service because I am an existing customer. I can't believe that this is happening right now! Something needs to be done and you can't even talk to a person here in the U.S. in customer service. The automated service is just as frustrating.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 months ago

Hi there, @user_368e0p ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'll be more than happy to assist you data concerns. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you and look further into your concerns. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

@XfinityRichard​ Sent a DM with info requested

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here