U

Friday, September 20th, 2024 10:18 PM

Damage Claim - Internet Install

The ceiling in my home was significantly damaged when a tech came out to install internet at my home.  I filed a damage claim by calling the XFinity customer service line.  I was told someone would be in touch within one business day.  Nobody called.  I received an email stating the damage claim had been filed successfully and that someone would be in touch within one business day.  Still nobody called.  I called XFinity three times.  Here's what happened.

1) The first call resulted in a support agent not letting me talk with their supervisor.  The support agent gave me a number for the "damage claims" group which turned out to be a number for Liberty Mutual Insurance.  

2) I called back and was put on an indefinite hold.

3) I called back a third time and was finally told that the damage claims department (who is apparently a third party) has an active investigation and would call me within the next 72 hours.  This was not what I was told on two different occasions by phone and by email.

I received a call from a company named Tak Communications stating they would be responsible for fixing the damage to my home and needed a quote for the damage.  I honestly don't know what to do.  I have been a Xfinity customer for three days and this has been possibly the worst customer service experience I have ever had.  I have hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in damage to my home with one room being inhospitable until this is fixed.  I would expect someone with XFinity to be my point of contact and help me through this process, but now I am dealing with two separate third parties on my own?

Am I supposed to wait for the damage claims department to call or do I work with Tak Communications?  This entire process has been incredibly unclear and confusing.  I am extremely disappointed in my experience so far.

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here