U

Friday, July 19th, 2024 8:43 AM

Customer service keeps hanging up on me.

Congratulations Xfinity, I have never been so angry in my entire life. This is easily the worst experience I have had with a company, no, with anything, ever.

All I wanted was to get my new modem set up. I was on hold over text for 3 hours. I thought things were going well, until they called me over voice to assist with the rest of the process. He was extremely hard to understand with his heavy accent, and there was also a lot of background noise. 

He kept telling me to close the text chat when I already had. Every time he repeated it, I double checked to make sure it was closed and told him it was.

We were getting nowhere and he hung up on me after only a few minutes. I called back and waited on hold for another 2 hours when I was told it'd be 45 minutes, and I was hung up on while waiting. 

I called back several more times and was consistently hung up on every 5 minutes after. Why does such a simple thing like setting up my own modem have to be like this? This is absolutely insane. Unforgivable.

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

3 months ago

@user_cjlasf I do want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out through our Forums Channel. I can tell you have not had the best experience and I assure you I am here to do everything I can to turn this around. We appreciate your signing up to be a part of the Comcast family, and I want to be sure we can get everything figured out for you with your service. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

3 Messages

1 month ago

I was just on the Comcast Xfinity Assistance for approx 2 hours and they hung up on me.  Session expired.  They didn't want to help me with the Comcast Big 10 blackout.  Kept telling me to buy a sports package, (already have one and have ALWAYS been able to watch the U.W. Huskys) and that would make it so we could see it.  Told them we are Platinum customers and that the Comcast website says we can get the Peacock channel for free so we can watch the Apple Cup on Saturday.  They hung up on me.  As soon as our contract expires, (end of December 2024), we are no longer going to be Comcast subscribers.  They say they care, but it is just a robot somewhere in another country hanging up on us.  Bad, bad, Comcast.  They hung up on me!  What company does that?????  No excuses!!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_j3s68t Thank you for connecting with us about your concerns. We are happy to assist. Please find the best board to author your question or concern, and post your question publicly. This will open a ticket in our system for us to assist. We look forward to your post.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@XfinityLinda​ No thank you!  Today was the final straw.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_j3s68t We are sorry to hear this. Let us know if you change your mind.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

@XfinityLinda​ Won't be changing my mind!

1 Message

4 days ago

I'm having the same issue!! My mobile phone I regretly signing up for to do a package deal with my TV and internet just to save a few bucks was the worst decision I could have made. Since getting the Xfinity mobile, they say, they use the same towers as Verizon but I think not as it's been dropping calls left and right. 1 bar everywhere I go then goes to SOS and disconnects everything.. Tried calling like a million times and either they hang up on me or transfers me to random departments. Even Apple support! Apple support??? Now I found out they have a second a second phone I never had in my account and said maybe that might be the issue.. But before that, they sent me a new Sim card, that didn't work, put me as Esim card and again didn't work now I can't get hold of anyone even trying to cancel cause keep hanging up on me.. This is crazy! 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello user_weavw9 We're so sorry to hear about your difficulties in reaching Xfinity Mobile Support. Have you attempted to reach out using the methods below? 

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Xfinity Mobile Chat

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here