U

Thursday, December 28th, 2023 9:17 PM

Closed

customer service fraud

I called the customer service number on the Xfinity website to set up a new home account. The man who answered my call told me he would be my "personal assistant" for the account, and that the cost of an internet only account was $50 a month, but I'd pay $500 by bank draft (over the phone) which would be "refunded" to me because I would not have to pay any monthly charges until May 2024. He offered to set up a time for a technician to come hook things up. I told him I wanted the terms and conditions in an email, but he refused. He said he could only send me a text, and repeated that he would be my personal assistant for account issues. Without the terms in writing, I refused to continue discussing the account with him and the call was terminated. I reported the issue to the Federal Trade Commission but cannot find anywhere to report it to Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

836 Messages

7 months ago

Hello @user_ybl64c thank you so much for reaching out and letting us know about this situation. To accurately report this, please use the information below to reach our Comcast Customer Security Assurance Team.  These dedicated professionals do investigate any attempts of phishing, scamming, or other personal security issues. 

Report Abuse

The Customer Security Assurance organization has been established to ensure a safe and secure online experience for Comcast customers. This team is a dedicated group of security professionals who respond to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected computers (commonly referred to as bots), online fraud and other security issues.

Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here