U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 14th, 2023 8:14 PM

Closed

Customer Service asked for my 2FA code to verify my account over the phone despite the text saying not to share with xfinity reps. Normal?

Is this normal behavior with xfinity customer service? The text message specifically says to not share with xfinity representatives.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 year ago

Hi, @user_baa2b4. Thank you for reaching out and posting your concern. Depending on how you reach out, we may at times send you a six-digit verification code to complete authentication. This would be separate from any 2FA code also sent out when you have it set-up We will always notify you before doing this, so you have a heads-up. If this doesn't sound familiar, I'll be glad to double-check. 

I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details further. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner on your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here