U

Monday, September 2nd, 2024 3:08 PM

Customer Reward Program.... scam?

I have received the same popup 3 days in a row now on both my work and home laptops.  I've tried blocking it, but I still receive it.  Seems fishy to me.

[Edited: "Phishing email/Image"]

3 Messages

20 days ago

Try Bruce W's link...it seems to have worked for me.  Here is the info so you don't have to go searching for it.  It shuts off the sidebar ads.  The sidebar is likely where the hijacker is coming from, because if you click the back button on the hijacked page, it takes you back to your inbox.

"Try logging in to https://www.xfinity.com/privacy/opt-out#Preference-opt-out and moving all the sliders to OFF. That should turn off ads on the connect.xfinity.com webmail page and, hopefully, the scam ad as well. You may need to log in with your Primary UserID to do this, and you may need to log out and back in again for the change to take effect."

1 Message

19 days ago

I keep getting this also on my Xfinity email page.  It pops up every few minutes.  Need to exit and reopen time and time again.  Any fix for this?

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@user_dik5t0​ I hope I don't jinx myself, but I have not had this pop up on my Xfinity email page in a few days now.  What I did was cleared my cookies and cache and immediately rebooted my modem.  I had to do this twice because I was not quick enough.  Try it, I hope it works for you.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@Patti4244​ Forget that!!!  I jinxed myself!  Hadn't got the pop up in a few days, wrote this reply and a few minutes later, I got the pop up again!  Ridiculous!!

1 Message

19 days ago

I have been having this exact pop-up problem since the last Windows 11 update about 2 weeks ago. Xfinity email is my consulting email address, and when I get a random pop up of this scam (several times daily), that makes me have to close email and reopen making for an unproductive day, let alone having the concern of who is phishing in my computer. I can't count how many times my Xfinity email goes bust after each and every Windows update. Let's not even talk about the unannounced "planned outage" yesterday (October 1 in Portland, Oregon) that had me without internet from first thing in the morning until about 2:30 pm. [Edited: "Language"] 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for your feedback and for joining the Xfinity Forums community, 

user_c5svqp. You've reached the right team for help! Phishing is a method used by internet scammers who imitate real companies in email messages to entice people to share user names, passwords, account information or credit card numbers. Make sure you don't fall for phishing scams, be aware that Comcast will never ask you for password information over the phone, chat or email. Comcast will never ask for billing or payment information through email. Always make sure you use a secure server when submitting credit card information. Are you able to access your email fine via Xfinity Connect?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

As an Official Xfinity Employee, have you pushed this problem to your higher authorities?  This has been going on for quite some time now.  WHEN is someone going to fix this Xfinity Problem?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Patti4244, Hi there! Great question. Some are reporting that the issue is now resolved by logging in to https://www.xfinity.com/privacy/opt-out#Preference-opt-out and moving all the sliders to OFF. Have you tried this step to see if that helps? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

19 days ago

Help.  I am getting the same Customer Reward Program pop up scam on multiple computers whenever logging into my comcast email.  Please post a clear step by step method of removing.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_45fs3d Can you share the exact website site address you are using to access your Comcast.net email? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

18 days ago

@XfinityKei wrote: "... I have a link from the FCC about this scam, their site also goes into option on how to remove ..."

The link posted is for an FTC (Federal Trade Commission) page, NOT an FCC (Federal Communications Commission) page, and I can find no 'remove' instructions. Please correct your post.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

18 days ago

ALL: If you haven't already, try logging in to https://www.xfinity.com/privacy/opt-out#Preference-opt-out and moving all the sliders to OFF. That should turn off ads on the connect.xfinity.com webmail page and, hopefully, the scam ad as well. You may need to log in with your Primary UserID to do this, and you may need to log out and back in again for the change to take effect.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@BruceW​ This did not work for me.  

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I hid all the ad's that are running next to the email page. So far, it's working!

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

I did it and followed your directions.  It did not work for me.  Still popping up .  Very frustrating.  Thanks for trying.  

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

We can help, imwhoim. Does this issue occur when accessing your email via Xfinity Connect?

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityThomasA Yes when accessing my email as well as when I am scrolling through individual mail and when I am on YouTube.  I do not close down email because it is a pain to keep signing in.  

2 Messages

18 days ago

Yes, this is an amazingly annoying problem. Been going on for weeks. I've cleared cache, history, cookies, run virus. Nothing stops this. It only happens on exfinity email (I don't use ESPN). It happens to my wife on her laptop. This is so annoying. I've realized a good way to stop it since Xfinity is incapable of doing anything -- just stop using the email on your laptop -- just use your phone - there are no ads, no popups. Maybe if enough people did this and Xfinity lost ad revenue they would care enough to fix it. 

3 Messages

17 days ago

I'm getting these pop-up malware extensions when I'm in my comcast email page. It doesn't matter if I'm on edge or Chrome.

I've not had it happen when I'm in any other page or web sites, only on my email page.

Once I start composing email they pop up. 

I can back <- to go back to my email from the extension if my Norton 360 doesn't alert to it and close everything out. But I'm concerned that it's set

up to spread malware to people I'm emailing. I want to know if my email is safe since these popup malware extensions seem to have access to my

Xfinity email account and it appears everyone else's Xfinity internet service. 

I've contacted Xfinity several times, sent the pop-up extension popup malware address to Abuse@xfinity

with no succuss of it getting stopped. And my Norton 360 doesn't always alert on it or block it.  

How embedded is this in our Xfinity internet, and is our email safe anymore? 

I'm so concerned that this is being spread through my email.  

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

user_kujemc Please contact our CSA department.

The Customer Security Assurance organization has been established to ensure a safe and secure online experience for Comcast customers. This team is a dedicated group of security professionals who respond to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected computers (commonly referred to as bots), online fraud and other security issues.

Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I experience the same problem, multiple times per day (for the past two weeks), with Xfinity mail taken hostage by the following:

https://blissfulluck.cfd/bonus/com-us-5490/lp2.php?c=4fzhgl8pz5hz3&k=294ff3ba40da82548ad7bcbe5985984a&country_code=US&carrier=-&country_name=United%20States&region=West%20Virginia&city=Keyser&isp=Comcast%20Cable%20Communications,%20LLC&lang=en&os=Windows%2010&osv=&browser=Chrome&browserv=129&brand=Desktop&model=Desktop&marketing_name=Desktop&tablet=4&rheight=768&rwidth=768&e=5

1 Message

17 days ago

I also received the popup.  After filling out the survey then I was presented with a page that said I could get a $1000 Amazon card.

All I had to do was pay a penny out of either my bank or credit card.

Definitely a phishing scam to get access to people's finances.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_hdus6u I'm so glad you didn't click on that link. Have you went through and checked for malware and turned off your ad pops us?

Contributor

• 

59 Messages

14 days ago

Just had the same popup on MS Edge, both yesterday and today basically kicking me out of the Comcast email page. I am posting the link here:

https://blissfulluck.cfd/bonus/com-us-5490/lp2.php?c=4fzhm50wz5hz3&k=0b0c28f3499aead027a980b32c3c8d63&country_code=US&carrier=-&country_name=United%20States&region=Pennsylvania&city=Scranton&isp=Comcast%20Cable%20Communications,%20LLC&lang=en&os=Windows%2010&osv=&browser=Chrome&browserv=129&brand=Desktop&model=Desktop&marketing_name=Desktop&tablet=4&rheight=768&rwidth=768&e=5

I ran both MS virus and malwarebytes last evening and neither found anything. I clear my cache at least 2 times per week and keep everything updated as updates are made available. I will try to post a screen capture of the page but not sure if I know how to do so in this forum - 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wmgqZqrjWjjPxsXt5

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

DoverPARon, Please report any suspicious links or emails to our Customer Security Assurance Team. Here is their link. internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse
  • Business Hours: 8:00 am - 12:00 am EST, 7 days a week

Contributor

• 

59 Messages

Before contacting the number you provided, I ran an offline virus check from Microsoft security and it too found nothing on my end. It took me quite a bit of explaining to the lady on the phone exactly what was happening, even after I sent her the links I have provided above. I kept insisting that it was a problem on your end (Comcast) and it needed to be elevated. Finally, after about 15 minutes she agreed to submit it for an elevated review.

Contributor

• 

59 Messages

I forgot to note that right after sending your agent the above info, the same popup came up again basically kicking me out of your comcast email page, almost one hour to the minute that it happened in my report above.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

DoverPARon, It is still something you need to report to our CSA Team. Are they the ones you were talking to earlier? 

Contributor

• 

59 Messages

Yes, that is what I did and informed the lady that the popup happened "again" as we were speaking. So, yes, it has been reported as per your instructions.

1 Message

14 days ago

This is really aggravating. The scam pops up nearly every time I log into my email for a couple weeks now.  Norton 360 not helpful nor fortect! . This is a Comcast  issue for sure. Btw I won every time lol , I just didn't fall for it and give my credit card info!!! 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Just close the ads on the right hand side of the emails. That is what worked for me. Good Luck!

2 Messages

13 days ago

Here is an update: I took the base URL of the first popup (the Comcast rewards screen, there are about 6 other pages it will try and cycle you through). The base URL is:  blissfulluck.cfd   I did a whois on it. The domain was created on 9/28/2024.  It is registered to a company that hides their name behind a security site, but does give their State as AZ. You can't get stop this scam as an end user (do NOT click through and give them any info, they will steal your bank or CC info).  Clear cookies, cache, run scans, do whatever you want. You can't stop it. Do a view source on a page - pretty sophisticated looking code. Only an IT company like Comcast/Xfinity can deal with this. It is something in their software on their site (it only displays when I use Comcast email).  This is a total failure on the part of Comcast, not to help us more than some generic advice to run a scan or clear our cache. 

3 Messages

I agree, it does appear rather sophisticated. Just noticing that it mutates to the area region or state per the posted pop up links received, that people are posting. 

3 Messages

13 days ago

Found what appears to be the same culprit identified on another Malware forum 

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/298628-specific-adwarephishing-attack-whats-the-source/

Advises it's Malvertising (malicious advertising) and comes through the advertising sites the website (ie Xfinity) is associated with. 

Xfinity, Please check this out and get it fixed. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_kujemc Please report any pop-up links or things that may be harmful to your computer or personal information to our Customer Security Assurance Team, you can go here (https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/), there is a form you can fill out and they are available by phone.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

12 days ago

I have the same problem. It takes over my screen and if I close it, I am simultaneously closing my email and must bring that back again, which is a [Edited: Language].

(edited)

2 Messages

11 days ago

I have the same pop-up for Xfinity Rewards Program, several times daily when I am in my email it will just Pop-up forcing me to close my email and log back in until it happens AGAIN! I have also tried deleting cookies and clearing the cache SEVERAL TIMES!, but it continues to happen, This is very frustrating and concerning that Xfinity/ Comcast has not provided a viable solution to stop the Pop-up. I have been a customer for over 20 years and am now considering finding a different phone/ internet service to switch to. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here