U

Monday, September 2nd, 2024 3:08 PM

Customer Reward Program.... scam?

I have received the same popup 3 days in a row now on both my work and home laptops.  I've tried blocking it, but I still receive it.  Seems fishy to me.

[Edited: "Phishing email/Image"]

1 Message

1 month ago

I get this too on multiple Windows PC's but ONLY when Im browsing ESPN.com

It make NO sense that it only happens on 1 site & if I clear that sites cache it comes back.

This is something with comcast.....

2 Messages

1 month ago

same. Happens on ESPN only.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_wmpj95 and @user_g6jx5j We have a team you can report scams, and phishing attempts. The Customer Security Assurance team can be found here. They have a Report Phishing Emails section. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

1 month ago

just happened to me after 100% cleared all cache and logged out of all chrome. happens when I'm at home on Xfinity network and try to load ESPN. Cant stop it. 

1 Message

1 month ago

Is this what everyone is running into?

[Edited: "Phishing Email"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_wqfvs5 Thanks for sharing! Did you report this to our CSA team already? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

1 month ago

hi ya'll.  this is annoying as anything.  i just blocked all popup ads from ESPN and it resolved the problem for me.  

2 Messages

1 month ago

Same problem here, ugh!  (running Google Chrome on a Mac, not only did I try deleting cookies and browser history, I completely uninstalled Chrome AND deleted my Profile Information), restarted and...  the issue came right back!  Really annoying

2 Messages

1 month ago

And the saga continues😡

1 Message

1 month ago

I am having the same problem.  Please fix it!!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello user_219gpo what is the specific verbiage of the email in question? We do have a program known as Xfinity Rewards, which is our own program for longtime customers. 

2 Messages

1 month ago

These Xfinity responses are EDIT: LANGUAGE  It's a total Xfinity/ESPN problem.  Nothing to do with the users or Xfinity Rewards.  Xfinity needs to report it to their own people and get it resolved.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

user_n10d4n thank you for using the Community Forums page to reach out. Can you elaborate on the issue you are experiencing to ensure we are on the same page?

1 Message

Try deleting cookies from luckstreakzone.life and theluckyone.monster and espn. Having the same problem. Agree that it needs to be bumped up, rather than getting vapid pushback. It seems there is "an official Xfinity Employee" that automatically answers these threads. Not sure if they have the authorization or ability to push this up the awareness ladder.

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

@user_h1p4c3 You mentioned that you are having the same error. Did deleting the cookies from the sites you mentioned help to resolve this for you?

1 Message

1 month ago

I don't know if anyone else on here has pointed this out, but this is also happening on YouTube now

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_sya7ui  Thanks for bringing this to our attention. "You've won" message is definitely a phishing scam. Please do not click in. 

I have a link from our help and support page that goes into some tips on spotting phishing scams https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/phishing-scams.

Also, I have a link from the FCC as this is something that stretches further that our service. https://consumer.ftc.gov/features/pass-it-on/youve-won-scams

Our sweepstakes, freebies, giveaways, discounts and more you can log into your Xfinity rewards account to see what we have going on. Each month the highlights change. 

Here's the link for you to review more reward details  https://www.xfinity.com/rewards. 

Please let me know if you have any questions for us? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

1 month ago

I am having the same issue.    Offering an iphone, etc or Amazon gift card.      Can't be blocked.     Looks like scam to me. 

3 Messages

1 month ago

This has happened to me 3 days in a row, I do not use ESPN, and the ad page is from Customer Reward Program [Edited: "Invalid Link"]. Definitely a scam of some sort.  My issue is that it seems to hijack my email page...email logs off and this ad page pops up.  I've run both PCMatic and McAfee and neither detects a problem.  I've added the site to the blocked list, and added a site blocker as well.  It did try to load again...the page was blocked, but email logged off again.  I've cleared cache and browser history to see if that helps.  

Update:  Clearing cache and browser history did not work.  The blacklist and/or site blocker is preventing the page from actually loading.  It is definitely commandeering my email tab as it tries to load this page.  Hitting the back button on the failed page load brings me back to the email suite.  I've reported it to the missed-spam address.

Update 9/11/2024:  After clearing cache and browser history a second time, I restarted the pc.  That seems to be working.  I have not received the pop-up ad at all today.

(edited)

1 Message

Same exact thing here. Second day now.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_jur65q have you tried blocking it at this point to see if that stops the pop up on your device?

1 Message

1 month ago

I got this pop up for xfinity rewards the first time today while trying to email.  Can't complete emails. Have ran security malware removal, cleaned everything we can  think of and to no avail.  I just got back into comcast.net to email and immediately  it popped up.  Have never had this before.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_lqfju0 - Thank you for letting us and others know. "You've won" will always raise an eyebrow for me too. The phishing and Xfinity Reward links provided in this thread are also great things to check too. And of course, our Digital Care Team can help check the validity of any communication from Xfinity. 

1 Message

1 month ago

I just started getting this popup today when I am in xfinity email.  The url is [Edited: "Invalid Link"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

975 Messages

donnabisio That doesn't look like our link at all. You can always report these to our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) team. You can reach them by contacting customer service, and then ask to be transferred to CSA. They are the experts that will get this resolved. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 month ago

[Edited: "Invalid Link"]...This site replaces my xfinity email page. It looks like xfinity with the purple X and has of these link to claim a prize.

(edited)

3 Messages

@frances1205​ Same for me, I do not use ESPN but this url just replaces my xfinity email tab-[Edited: "Invalid Link"]

(edited)

1 Message

Yes, happened to me 3 times today

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for letting us know about your experience user_y5s281.  We do have a reporting process for malicious content and phishing emails via our Comcast Customer Security Assurance Team.  

Xfinity Report Abuse

If you are on Google Chrome, this article will help how to manage pop-ups via that common browser

Block or Allow Pop-Ups in Chrome

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here