U

Friday, June 28th, 2024 8:36 PM

credit for inability to deliver service and inability to reach service

Please credit my account for service that can not be delivered.

This is a nightmare.

on 6/28 - I ordered 800M service,  but a new approved  modem from the approved Xfinity approved device list.

on 6/29, - I am still at 300M service.

- Open online support live agent chat - CR Ticket #[Edited: Personal Information] was created to address the performance issue after the rebooting and testing the link from the central office.   Chat rep indicated the issue should be resolved in 2 hours

- Next day, problem still existed,  not change in service speeds.  contact service center to understand the status of resolving the issue.  I was met will a hard sell to upgrade to 1000M and that would address the proble,

- Here we are,  accounting is all updated,  service has not changed from 300Mbps

This is most like a problem in the central office or at the distribution hub that is not updating the bandwidth limit to meet.  after the 20th modem reboot and test,  we are ranging 129M to 320M down load speeds.  I have a 2.5G download modem ARRIS S33.

Called the customer service line...   Nightmare #2,   waiting +5 minutes was I was caught in an automated loop about then existing service issue,  before it timed out.   another 5 minutes of the Automated prompts before I got to a person.   Yes you call center automation configuration does not work as you believe it does

They have been able to confirm there is an issue with bandwidth and technician will need to come on prem to trouble shoot the performance issue.

This has been and is a nightmare.    I'm still paying for service that can not be delivered

Official Employee

• 

954 Messages

4 months ago

user_mpc53z This isn't the experience we want you or any customer to have, and my team can help. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

6 Messages

Sorry,  NO....

Field service cancelled the appointment for Sunday AM  stating service met contracted amount.   another hour on the phone...    Next available appointment is Wednesday.

This morning speedtest indicate 300Mbps to 20Mbps download and a 20Mbps upload

6 Messages

4 months ago

Oh the nightmare continues.

Tech was expected to be here between 8-9

The Outage team cancelled the appointment stating the issue is resolved..   HA HA HA....   What a FREAKING JOKE...

The issue is noise on the line coming into the house,   Modem shows channel 193 running up errors into the BILLIONS.   Yes I can see the noise at the lead,  the line is VERY dirty.

My download speed is now only 26Mbs on 1Gbps line...

Xfinity's test protocols and service validation is very FLAWED...   

As of today, I am worse off then I was with no schedule for when the problem will be resolved and paying for a service that only delivers one tenth of contracted service.

Please make this madness STOP

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_mpc53z Please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address so that we can assist you.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

4 months ago

Call the Service Team...

Nice people, but really could not help and field service does not want to make a service call.

billion errors/corrections and counting @ between 20Mbs - 400Mbps for a 1Gbps contract,  field service is stating everything is normal and contracted service is being provide

Earliest appoint is now Wednesday...

Based on what is being recorded, is this a noise in the line issue,  or a central office capacity issue and QoS is being deployed to manage the over-subscription of the service.

Given the Router log is not seeing significant failures and field service does not want to make a house call,  I'm starting to lean toward this issue is a function of the circuit at the central office is over subscribed.

6 Messages

4 months ago

No ETA to diagnostics or remidation

6 Messages

4 months ago

I have fix this myself...    I used my spectrum analyzer and I surprisingly,  I have the right inline filter.  I'm not at 88Mbps

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here