U

Wednesday, June 12th, 2024 5:50 PM

Crazy charges on mobile data usage

I have been charged crazy amount in data usage without even notifying me through texts about high data usage. The agents are now keeping me stalled for over a week without any resolution 

Official Employee

• 

966 Messages

4 months ago

Hi there @user_elfb63! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forum! With XFINITY Mobile "By The Gig" lines, information about data threshold alerts are located here : https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/how-to-track-data-usage-by-the-gig 

Specifically :

"Usage notifications

We'll send you an email, text message, and a push notification (if you've opted to receive them) when you've used 50%, 80%, and 100% of your 1GB, 3GB, or 10GB By the Gig shared data amount. We'll also post a message on your Activity page in your Xfinity Mobile account online when you reach each threshold."

To be clear, are you saying that you had text alerts turned on and still received no alerts?

4 Messages

No logical customer would pay 100$ for mobile data if they were getting alerts, I have been charged more than 100$ for months now without being notified. Thats the sad part. I am a loyal xfinity wifi user paying $50 monthly. Do you think if I had received alerts about data usage I would still pay 100$ plus fr mobile data. I am shocked and disturbed after finding out. Agents are saying they cant credit back such huge amounts, my money that was taken without any notification, directly autopay deducted cant be given back to me. Just to clarify again I was never ever sent any text alerts about data usage 😭

4 Messages

Last week I had called customer care to activate a cellular watch line , that is the time I was notified of high data usage and was advised to switch to unlimited data plan. Imagine how shocking it would have been for me

4 Messages

4 months ago

“We'll send you an email, text message, and a push notification (if you've opted to receive them)” - my response to this is on my mobile number I do get the message regarding the xfinity internet and flex bill is ready. Assuming that means messaging is on from my number

Official Employee

• 

966 Messages

@user_elfb63, I can certainly understand the shock! However, if alerts were not active on the Mobile account, which you would have had to opt out of, the failsafe is the alert showing on your activity page and certainly seeing the charge appear on your payment method. Alerts for XFINITY Internet and XFINITY Mobile are not the same, so being opted out of XFINITY Mobile alerts still applies. I can have the situation reviewed to see if anything else can be done to help. Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

19 days ago

I was charged 793 dollars for data usage in Indiana and I didn’t even know it until I saw my bill. I plan to pay it and leave Xfinity mobile and go back to AT&T. 

Official Employee

• 

513 Messages

@user_8h9qyj 

Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

19 days ago

Same here. They’re trying to make me upgrade. I be been using the same device for over a year and half  now for the last 6 months my usage is extremely high and they can’t tell me why

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here