ptrik's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, July 25th, 2024 5:43 AM

Contract Someone To Fishtape Cable Ljne

Can I hire someone to fishtape the cable line from my house (new construction without previous service) to the tap through an existing conduit between the two?

The builder installed a conduit between my house to the tap (approximately 300 feet). I have patiently been waiting to have this done, but I grow frustrated everyday.

Even if this work is being outsourced, it seems ridiculous that Xfinity can't collaborate with whoever they work with to determine a schedule and plan. This lack of communication and planning exacerbates my frustration due to false expectations (was told on July 18, 2024 that it would get done the next day; then it became 1-2 days; now, it's 7-10 days).

Because I have an existing conduit, it would seem that the task of installing and connecting my home to the tap should be quicker than a job in which a trench needs to be dug.

Can I just hire someone to fishtape the cable, and then have Xfinity do the final connections and installations?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

ptrik Good morning! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with getting your services connected. I can see how it would be frustrating not being able to get services up and running in timeframe expected. I'd be happy to take a closer look, and provide some options in getting services connected, along with any updates we have received from our local team. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, the service address, and any ticket number you have received? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thank you for your help. I finally got my home connected to the terminal and have activated service.

Official Employee

• 

993 Messages

@ptrik Thanks for working with us via direct message for help in getting your services, line and rewards tier all taken care of! We appreciate all your patience and time you spent working with us. 

If you need anything more. Please create a new post for us.

Enjoy the rest of your Monday and congrats on the move! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here