QueenNeen19's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Friday, December 25th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Connecting email to Comcast account

Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to connect my old Comcast email address to my new account? Paperless billing will start soon and I WILL NOT be able to receive my bill because my email address is NOT LINKED to my current account. I moved one year ago, kept my email address from my previous account, but have a new account with a new phone number.. I have tried for ONE YEAR to get my email connected to the new account, but NOBODY seems to be able to tell me how to do it. There must be a way to make this happen. Please help.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Just spent two hours chatting with two different agents, but I think the issue has finally been resolved. Thank you Taniya and Abdul!

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

@QueenNeen19 wrote:

Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to connect my old Comcast email address to my new account? Paperless billing will start soon and I WILL NOT be able to receive my bill because my email address is NOT LINKED to my current account. I moved one year ago, kept my email address from my previous account, but have a new account with a new phone number.. I have tried for ONE YEAR to get my email connected to the new account, but NOBODY seems to be able to tell me how to do it. There must be a way to make this happen. Please help.

Have you recently logged into that old email account in webmail?  If you're able to do that you don't need to link it.  You should be able to add it to your webmail list, however.

Log in to webmail.  Scroll down to the bottom of the left pane where you should see Add mail account.  If your old account is still alive you might be able to add it there.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

What is webmail?

I wanted to keep my old Comcast email address when I moved and took over a different account. My old account has been inactive for a year, although I am still able to access my email. When I made the change, I asked if it would be possible to keep my email account and transfer it to the new account. This whole debacle went on for three months before I finally stopped trying: I was able to access my email, everything was working fine with the new account. I am asking: how will I get my bill once paperless billing starts, if my account does not have an email address attached to it?

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

@QueenNeen19 wrote:

What is webmail?

I wanted to keep my old Comcast email address when I moved and took over a different account. My old account has been inactive for a year, although I am still able to access my email. When I made the change, I asked if it would be possible to keep my email account and transfer it to the new account. This whole debacle went on for three months before I finally stopped trying: I was able to access my email, everything was working fine with the new account. I am asking: how will I get my bill once paperless billing starts, if my account does not have an email address attached to it?

Webmail: you access your Comcast email using a browser instead of an email client. https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite

You moved, so you have a new account with a new account number and a new email address.  You will be notified at that address when your billing statement is ready. 

Your old email address is associated with your old account number that you had before you moved.  If you haven't accessed it recently, chances are it's now "dead", meaning it no longer exists so you can't get email from it.  However, you say you can still access that email; even if you terminate your account, you can still keep that email address as long as you check it at least once a month AND log in to it via webmail every 9 months.  But it is not associated with your new account, so you won't see billing statements sent there for your new account.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

That is exactly what I'm saying. I log into my email account every day and am able to send and receive emails. However, that email account is NOT linked in any way to my new Comcast account. I will NOT be able to receive any email regarding my current account. Any email I receive from Comcast directs me back to my previous account, which has been inactive for a year and only allows me to use my email.

I want to actually connect my email address (from my former account) to my current account. When I tried to do this a year ago, I was told it was a very complicated process (although it really doesn't seem like it should be).

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for clarifying, @QueenNeen19! We appreciate you for sharing your experience here on the Xfinity Forum. If I understood you correctly, you would like to continue using the email address from the old account, therefore, you're requesting to have the old email address transferred to the new account. You've come to the BEST place for help. My team can get this taken care of on the back end. Can you send a private message? To send a private message, click on my name, "ComcastChe," and then click send a message. Please include your first and last name and address. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Still no ideas on how/if this can be done? February 10 is coming up and I will not be receiving my bill. Sure would like some help with this...

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

3 years ago

Sorry we weren't able to assist you promptly, @QueenNeen19. I'm happy to know that Taniya and Abdul were able to help get this resolved in our absence. If you need anything in the future, feel free to create a new public post, sharing the details of your experience, and we will be happy to help. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here