U

Friday, October 11th, 2024 3:16 AM

Complaint Regarding Trade-In Process and Incorrect Information

Dear Xfinity Customer Service,

I am writing to express my frustration and dissatisfaction regarding the trade-in process I experienced recently. Initially, I intended to trade in an iPhone 14 Pro Max 512GB, but I decided to change it to an iPhone 14 Pro 256GB [Edited: "Personal Information"]. I visited the Xfinity store located at 6420 FM1463, Fulshear, TX 77441, where I spoke to a representative named Kevin [Edited: "Personal Information"]

Kevin assured me that the trade-in value would remain at $1,000 for both devices, even though he was unable to update the device details in the system. Based on his assurance, I proceeded with the trade-in and submitted the iPhone 14 Pro 256GB along with the necessary documents, including a copy of the trade-in receipt with the updated IMEI number.

However, Xfinity later rejected the trade-in and informed me that the device would be returned. I returned to the store to speak with Kevin about this issue, but he was unable to resolve it, which contradicts the assurance he initially provided. This has caused me significant inconvenience and frustration. If I had known that this change would not be accepted, I would never have gone through with it.

Kevin advised me to cancel the current order and create a new one, which I did as instructed. However, I have not yet received my iPhone 14 Pro back, which should have been returned to me. This phone has already been registered under the new order as the trade-in device, but I need to know when I can expect to receive it.

Additionally, I would like to file a complaint against Kevin for providing incorrect information without confirming the feasibility of the process, causing me to visit the store at least four times and experience a lot of inconvenience.

I request your urgent assistance in resolving this matter and clarifying when I will receive my phone back. I also expect that appropriate actions will be taken to ensure that such misinformation is not given to other customers in the future.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
Yang [Edited: "Personal Information"]

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

8 days ago

user_pn5xje

Good morning, thank you for reaching out today! I do have to apologize though; due to account security reasons we cannot help with this issue over social media. For assistance with this matter, please give us a call at 1 (888) 936-4968 or chat online at https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile and one of our experts will be happy to look into this for you!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here