M

Tuesday, October 8th, 2024 2:51 AM

Complaint: loss of internet service due to subcontractor negligence

I was awaken this morning at 7:00 am by a CableCom subcontractor for Xfinity asking if he could look around my property to locate a couple of amplifiers he was supposed to replace. They were not located on my property but he continued to walk my neighborhood searching for them. By 10:00 am my internet was down and according to the outage map information it was offline due to network upgrades and supposed to be back online by 11:59 am. By 12:15 I still had no service and the website changed to down due to network damage and restoration"as soon as possible".. then by 2:00-2:30pm it had changed again to service restoration by 4:59pm.. it's now 7:30pm and my service is still out, there are no subcontractors to be found anywhere as it would appear they have all left for the night, and the website is still saying "as soon as possible".. I can't speak with an agent via chat due to the network outage, and I can't call and speak to customer service because of the damn robot refusing to connect me stating "due to the outage in your area, we cannot connect you to an agent at this time".. what kind of BULLSH*T is this? I should be able to speak with customer service regardless of an outage in MY AREA OR NOT!! the agent doesn't live in my area, your call center isn't in my area! I can't call and complain, I can't chat online with a representative.. like many others who have Xfinity, we pay $150 a month just for Internet and we DESERVE BETTER Customer service than this! 

Xfinity is LUCKY they have a "captive customer base" here in my part of San Jose, because of AT&T had fiber in my area, I'd jump ship in a heartbeat without even thinking twice or batting an eyelash. 

DO BETTER COMCAST! YOU RAISE OUR RATES EVERY YEAR AND YOUR SUPPORT AND SERVICE GET WORSE EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

11 days ago

Maverick044 Thank you so much for your post on the work/interruption in your area. This is not an experience anyone would be happy to encounter, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. When there is a reported interruption in the area regardless of the cause our system is designed to keep you informed by providing you with all the information our support has for restoration as soon as possible in the automated system. This information is updated in real time as it is provided by our tech field team and is also found on our Xfinity status center which I would have access to as well. Providing this information before you get to an agent saves you from long hold times only to be told the same information. We are always looking to improve, so your feedback is always welcome. I would be happy to help confirm any updates for you if you would like and follow up to make sure your services are restored once the alerts have cleared if you would like. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here