angelom1972's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Nov 27, 2020 9:00 PM

Comcast Stinks ohh let me count the ways.....

My plight with Xfinity Started on 11/11. It has been an absolute nightmare. I have spent no lie over the last 2 weeks at least 24 hours on the phone, 4 trips to the xfinity store, countless hours connecting, reconnecting trouble shooting etc. it all started on 11/11 I noticed a few days prior that while I was getting billed for 600 meg internet I was only getting a little under 200 meg. I called in the rep said to me “ohhhhhh, I am not even sure how this order for 600 meg internet went through bc the modem you have can only support tops 200 meg. At that point we had it several years. She said she was going to transfer me over to tech-support who would be able to send me out a new modem. Because the technician said there was an Xfinity store near me I could just go there it will be quicker. I went to the store and when I brought the modem up the girl looked at it and she said the same thing as the first rep. That the modem I had could’ve never supported 600 meg 200 tops. After Talking with her expressing my frustration and because I was interested in getting the home alarm system for my wife for Christmas, she said what I’ll do is she put me on a new promotion where was gonna be one 139.99, upgraded me to 1 gig and gave me I think, 60.00 in credit. And scheduled an appointment for 12/27. THIS IS WHERE THE ADVENTURE BEGINS. She gave me the new modem which is supposed to be the top modem that you offer and said just go home and connect it. I said are you sure there’s nothing I have to do to it no you just have to connect it it’s just plug and play. I went home I connected it I activated it through the app and I was getting about 600 meg maybe 650. I figured OK she upgraded me to the 1 gig maybe it takes a few hours to kick in. I took my daughter to swim and came home a few hours later and the Internet was completely down. I called into tech-support and I spoke with a gentleman and I asked him as well are you sure nothing has to be done to this modem for it to work like a tech coming out or any type of programming, he said no. I spent about an hour troubleshooting with him finally he said there was nothing more he could do and he was going to get me to the next escalation team in tech-support. He Cold transferred me over to the other team, had no Idea what I was calling about so I had to re-explain everything. After spending about another 45 minutes to an hour troubleshooting with her she said she would have to get a ticket Ian to have a technician come out to the location about 10 to 15 minutes went by she finally came over and said she couldn’t put a ticket in because of the installation ticket for the home alarm system. I said I do not understand because it is an alarm installation not a trouble ticket. She said she would have to add the repair to the installation and then have it moved to an earlier date I said I can’t do that it’s a Christmas present for my wife and I don’t want it installed until December 27 she said there’s nothing I could do and that I had a call back in the morning and maybe somebody else could do it. I called the next day, Friday, and I spoke with a representative and she said the rep from yesterday was correct and we can’t put a trouble ticket it. She said she could have them do the installation and the repair ticket for the Ticket done on Sunday. Basically ruining the Christmas present for my wife because I had to tell her now as this was going to get installed on Sunday 11/13. She said the technician would be out between 7:30 AM and nine. 1030 came on and still no technician so I called tech-support. The person I spoke with said there was no ticket in for this morning for the repair or the installation. I was perplexed.
I explained with the girl I spoke with the day before said. He said the only ticket I see in the system is for December 13 not November 13. I was furious. He said he would have a ticket in the system for the tech to come out at noon that day the 13th. I said thank you and he gave me the ticket number. 12 o’clock came and went and it was now going on 2:30 PM in the afternoon. I called again and surprise surprise was told there was no ticket in for this morning and there’s no ticket in to have a technician come out that day at all. I said this can’t happen. I said I’m in essential employee and I work from home. My stepson is being virtual school from home because of the coronavirus, My wife is a teachers aid for emotional support students and sometimes hast to work from home, and more importantly she is in aid part time in the evening for a nonverbal autistic boy who cannot communicate other than through a device that requires a constant connection to the Internet and if something happens and he needs to communicate with us and something happens we could get in trouble if he can’t talk with us.
I spoke with a supervisor and the supervisor said fortunately there was nothing that she could do the earliest they can get somebody out was Monday morning. I had to take an unpaid day off from work losing $400 of my paycheck because I had to take it off unpaid. Not to mention five days of no Internet service since a simple swap out of the modem that required no extra work to correct the fact that for three years I was being billed for 600 meg Internet only getting 200 meg Internet. Monday morning came and The technician came and I told him what the other representative said that nothing special had to be done with the modem. I asked him if that was correct that I could have set it up myself. He started to laugh and said sarcastically yeah sure you could’ve done it if you didn’t want to work right. He wasn’t being ignorant or rude to me but more frustrated that I was given that information by the other reps. He did some work on the outside and them tried changing the splitter, swapped out the old cable box to the wifi box so the only connected device to the jack was the modem. Still wasn’t working. Finally he came down saying the problems with the Jack. Even though before the Internet before I swapped out the old modem, while I wasn’t getting 600 meg it was at least functional for us to use. He said it’s working but I’m only getting about 200 meg and there was nothing else he could do. He left and I was hoping to at least sign into work for the latter half of my shift being that he said he got the Internet up. I went upstairs and went to sign in and the Internet was completely down. I called tech-support they put in a ticket to have the tech come out back to the house at 1o’clock. He gave me the ticket number and said I would receive a call letting me know when the tech was on his way in about an hour. It was about 11 o’clock at that point. 1230 came and went in at 1o’clock I called him again and I spoke with another rep in tech-support. They said they were going to try to look up the ticket and I laughingly told the rep I’ll bet you $100 you’re gonna come back and tell me you can’t find a ticket in the system for a tech to come back out and there’s nothing in the system.He pause for a second or two and then nervously said sir I’m very sorry but there is no ticket in the system for somebody to come back out today. 3 different times, 3 different techs, 3 different tickets, 3 Times lied to get a ticket was placed in the system for a tech to come out only to find out nothing was in the system or would be done. At this point I had my fill. I went up to the Xfinity store near my house and I spoke with the manager who said he would reach out to the local office where the tax are beast to see if I can get somebody out later that day but he couldn’t guarantee it. Now I was going to be off a full day unpaid. Out of my paycheck. I came home in about a half hour later I got a call from the local tech manager who told me he was going to get somebody out at 5:30. The gentleman came got everything up and running fixed it even put another jack in the bedroom where the computer was. He said the same thing it was probably the Jack in the other room to which I asked him I don’t understand though because the jack was working until we swap the modem out. It wasn’t giving us 600 meg but at least it was functional. He couldn’t really answer. Most importantly the Internet was up and running. I then went back up to the Xfinity store this week because they had to cancel the ticket for the installation to get the tech to come out. I voiced my frustration with the girl in the office and said I really feel I should get credit and have my entire balance credited of $482 to the account over everything that I’ve gone through I had to takeoff a day unpaid from work, we were billed for 600 meg Internet for three years, Only getting 200 meg during that time, A simple modem swap turn for the Internet to be out from November 11 Thursday till Monday, November 15 forcing me to take an entire day off from work. She spoke with the online manager and said The manager said the best he will do is $184 credit. A far cry from what I lost and lost wages by being forced to take a day off from work because I was like 3 times by 3 different reps that a tech would be out that weekend. At this point I just wanted to be done with dealing with customer service and tech-support so I said fine whatever. A few days later my wife tried to rent a movie and it wouldn’t let her I called billing tech-support and spoke with a girl and she said oh I see what the problem is Thursday the $30 balance on the account that’s past due so you need to pay that you should be able to then rent the movie. I paid it for her while I was on the phone my wife Tried to rent the movie again a few minutes later and it still wouldn’t go through she said you may need to wait an hour. An hour went by still nothing. I called back again spoke with another rep and she told me to try a system reboot. I did still nothing. I figured OK maybe it just needs to take 24 hours for it to clear the system. Last night we once again try it again to rent a movie and it still wouldn’t let us is giving us a billing message saying there’s account errors with the billing ad to call customer service. I called tech-support and the gentleman said there’s no balance on the account so there shouldn’t be anything wrong billing wise ran through a litany of tests and reboots with me for about an hour and a half on my Thanksgiving day. Still nothing at this point I was on the phone with him for about an hour and He said he would fix the issue and then give me a call back when it was corrected it should be within the hour he was going to do a complete restore of the tv receiver. About an hour later I got a text that everything was fixed and resolved. He said he issued a credit of $26 onto my account over the issues I’ve been having this week with the TV. This evening I once again try to rent a movie with my kids lo and behold it wouldn’t let me do it same billing error message on the screen when I tried to rent the movie. This is where the service I have dealt with with Xfinity takes the cake. I called Xfinity billing customer service and spoke with a woman Who in my opinion has no reason to work in customer service because she was combative from the beginning talking over me not letting me speak the whole time. I work in customer service and I know you should never talk over the customer. She said I have to get you over to tech-support I said ma’am I spoke to them last night and the gentleman said I have to talk to billing the message on the screen I’m getting says the same thing and she said no you need to talk to tech-support I said ma’am don’t transfer me to tech-support I don’t want to speak with them because they told me the night before I have to speak with you. She said I’m transferring you I said ma’am I would like to speak to a supervisor she said sir I told you before you need to speak with tech support because it’s a repair. I said ma’am I don’t wanna talk to repair I wanna speak with a supervisor I spoke with tech-support last night they troubleshoot it and it’s not a repair issue, I said several times I want to speak to your supervisor and she cut me off saying I’m transferring you and transferred me over to tech-support. I was absolutely livid I told the person transfer me back to billing it’s not a repair issue. They said would however a minute later They came back and said I’m sorry billing customer service is only open till 9 PM. Which explains why the girl didn’t wanna take the time to talk with me or get a supervisor and ditch the call. I was absolutely furious this is exactly the type of customer service I’ve been dealing with over the last two weeks and why I am extremely frustrated I am disappointed as a customer. In two weeks I found out I was being overbilled for several years for my Internet, Was told three times text would be out never showed up pier, had to take a day off from work lose $400 from my salary because I didn’t get paid for missing work, my TV wasn’t working properly over the last week, and then to top it off was treated rudely in ignorantly by someone who has no business being in customer service because she wanted to get off the phone and start her Friday night. I’m going to post this on every form of social media to let customers this is how Xfinity treats their customers. I want compensation for the remainder of the time I missed from work and the fact I was overbilled for several years and miss treated hung up on and lied to by multiple Xfinity customer service reps in your call-center. Oh and PS I still can’t rent movies.

Responses

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

7 m ago

PPS, I got a reply from @comcastcarea oh please dm us and we will assist. After explaining everything they see a ticket for the Additional service being stalled the alarm system and they say all will contact you after the tickets installed bahahahahaha you guys stink still nothing resolve Comcast customer service is the pits! I thought EPP was bad wow

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 d ago

Comcast is a mindless bureaucracy. They have obsolete systems, poorly trained staff, and high costs because of these problems so high prices. They also cheat by increasing prices without any warning.

New to the Community?

Start Here