B

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, May 12th, 2021 7:35 PM

Closed

Comcast cable box on my property that is much, much larger than the usual single family residential box

There is a big cable box in my front yard that is sized more for servicing the entire subdivision instead of just my house; it is about about 30 inches high, 20 inches wide and 10 inches  deep instead of the usual 6 inch diameter cylindrically shaped box.  Recently, a Comcast field tech was on my property and informed me that Comcast plans on upgrading this box to an even bigger on to upgrade the neighborhood to the latest fiber optics technology.  He described this box to me as about over 50 inches high, 40 inches wide and 20 inches deep, and has an underground vault of about that size as well in surface area and about 3 ft deep.  This is obviously not something you would put on private single family residential property.  In fact the current much smaller box is already not something that should even be on my property, but was was already there when I first bought the property 25 years ago so I have lived with it, but this new box the field tech told me about is 5 or 6 times even larger. 

I have been trying to reach someone at Comcast to get more information, but the regular customer service channel not only cannot address but does not even know what I am talking about and keep thinking I am talking about the cable modem in my house.  I am hoping someone here can direct me to the right people to contact at Comcast to discuss this.  The village I live in does not have a liaison for Comcast, and have been no help so far either.  Any contact information, help, or even suggestion who I can contact would be a help.  Thanks in advance for the assistance

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @BKBrian, thank you for contacting us here on the forums. We appreciate you taking the time and would be happy to provide some clarity. The item you're describing is a fiber vault where a fiber node will be installed. This allows us to service hundreds of customers within a mile with fiber-optic speeds up to 2Gbps symmetrical.

Since the current vault exists on the property, there is more than likely a utility easement present. Any easement that may exist on any property is always noted on the title report for that property. The title report is provided to the property owner at the time of the purchase by the title company. This sort of request would go to our construction team. If permits have already been ordered, the construction team may already have the green light from local utilities and local authorities to make the upgrades necessary to maintain the network.

If there is a utility easement on your property it would show on your recorded plat, we recommend checking with your county office to confirm.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thanks for getting back to me @ComcastBrie .  Your prompt response is very much appreciated.  In fact my lawyer has done a title search and looked into the easement and he has determined that no such easement exists, and such a usage of my private property for a device that services more than just my property, is not a reasonable use of my property anyway.  He (my lawyer) has penned a letter to notify Comcast to cease and desist and this is why I am looking for a contact person, email or office address where the letter can to sent.  Would you be able to provide this contact information?  Thanks in advance

(edited)

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

Thank you for the additional information. =] We would get you in contact with our executive support team and assign an agent to your case. Would you be able to start a peer-to-peer communication with me so I can collect that information and open a claim?

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon. Click this "Peer to peer chat" icon or follow  https://comca.st/3boNBRJ
2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

Please include your name, the affected address, along with your best contact phone number and email. I'll get a case started ASAP for you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

thank you @ComcastBrie I have followed your instructions and done it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here