U

Thursday, October 3rd, 2024 12:49 PM

Circuit Construction

I have been trying to contact someone within Comcast for months on getting a site assessment to run fiber to my house, which is more than 300' the current Comcast network. I know I will have to pay for the construction, I am willing to do that, but I need a site assessment to tell me how much its going to cost. I have used the automated chat, called the 1-800 numbers, even used LinkedIn to contact a residential sales associate in my area, nothing....Can ANYONE point me in the right direct? 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

16 days ago

Thanks again, @user_7k2njq, for giving our Digital Care Team the chance to help with your serviceability request. Even though we've confirmed with our engineering department that your location is not serviceable at this time, it was a pleasure looking into it for you, and we're always happy to help in any way we can! As I mentioned in our last direct message to you, please feel free to create a new post if anything else comes up, and we'll be here for you :)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

16 days ago

Howdy user_7k2njq

Appreciate you reaching out. We can easily establish a ticket from our end to loop in our local engineering team. Full transparency, this process is pretty involved and takes some time depending on existing survey records and options for the area. A cable run of that distance, I see on average around 25k depending on materials and other specifics, I have seen that upwards of 40k just to provide a good estimate on what to expect on the work order. We offer two different style connections to the home, our standard Xfinity Internet service is not actually Fiber direct to the home, it would be traditional coax copper to the home. Doing a plant extension of this nature would be based on coax copper lines, not fiber, just as a heads-up. Did you have any questions about that, or you would, you like to dive right in on getting the quote? Typically, a quote like this would be around 90 days for our engineering team to draw up the projection for the job. 

4 Messages

Understood on the coax run, I had to bring power to the construction site, get right of ways, etc. The power company gave me the requirements and construction specs and I did the work myself. Would Xfinity allow the same? Obviously not the physical termination of the cable, but the underground burial, trenching, conduit. I could run all of that myself. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Unfortunately user_7k2njq,  this is not a process that is handled by the customer. This is 100% handled by our construction team. This is not as simple as running coax, this would most likely require a planet extension and node/tap install which is what that coax would bridge from to connect your location, and that is all handled by our teams, the only portion that can be self installed would be simply connecting the coax to the outlet and modem, that is all that a self installation would entail in setting up our service. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Thanks Thomas, I would like to start the process regardless and then make a decision, I work in IT and my job depends on a solid connection, so it may be worth the investment. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Cool! user_7k2njq It is a pretty involved process, we can get this in motion to see what all would be needed, our tech team would either provide the itemized invoice for the job or it is still a possibility that our engineers could deem the location not to be serviced, I just wanted to make sure that it was clear there is still a chance that our engineers could choose not to connect the location normally due to technical hurdles that could impact signal to the location. To get the ball rolling, could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

sent, wish I would have come to the forums 3 months ago :) but I appreciate the help 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here