U

Tuesday, September 24th, 2024 7:02 PM

Checking address for enhanced speed uploads

Hello,

Can you please offer a link/option for direct messaging so I can have someone check if my address is eligible for the enhanced speed tiers? It does not look like sending a direct message for support is an option until I first post the question here. I'm specifically hoping to qualify for higher upload speeds and realize that I would need to change to one of the cable modems specified here: https://assets.xfinity.com/assets/dotcom/projects/cix-4997_compatible-devices/2024.03.14%20Full%20List%20of%20Compatible%20Devices.pdf

Thank you

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

26 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

26 days ago

@user_00z20v

Thanks for reaching out to us!

As a customer myself I'm waiting for them to upgrade speeds in my area as they're still working on that.

When the eligible speeds are available for your area and you'll actually receive a notification when the construction is starting and when it ends, you will also receive a notification that your speeds are upgraded.

Have you received any notifications via your primary e-mail address on your Xfinity account?

2 Messages

Hi, I did receive an email with this text back in late 2022:

"Good News! We’ve increased your internet download speeds
We're excited to share that we increased your download speeds on your current Xfinity Internet package from up to 900 mbps to up to 1 Gbps. Faster internet speeds help to give you a better experience as you work, learn, game, and stream from home."

When I go to the page listing different plan speed options, I think it mentions the higher tier speeds of 1200Mbps and 2000Mbps as available in select areas. I just am not sure if I am in one of those areas or not. I did try calling 2 of the local offices, but the phone system wouldn't let me get through to a person to ask. If I actually am in an enhanced speed area then I'd be okay with buying a Netgear CM3000 to get the higher upload speeds. I would just prefer not to spend $300 on a new modem and find that I can't actually get higher upload speeds than I already do with my Motorola MB8611.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_00z20v

Go ahead and send me a direct message and I'll be happy to check your address to make sure you're eligible for the meeting next generation speeds

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary.

Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service addres

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

26 days ago

... I would need to change to one of the cable modems specified here ... compatible-devices/2024.03.14 ...

That list is somewhat out of date. The current list is at https://assets.xfinity.com/assets/dotcom/projects/cix-4997_compatible-devices/2024.09.18%20Full%20List%20of%20Compatible%20Devices.pdf.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here