S

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, March 23rd, 2023 3:37 PM

Closed

Chat agent offering "backend" promotion and asking for personal information

chat agent said the promotional deal was a "backend" deal that was approved by his supervisor and only available temporarily and I have to make my decision right there in the chat.  while the offer was intriguing, it didn't feel right.  Is this a normal practice?  Why would a promotion be only be available for temporarily? only to be offered in this manner?

Problem Solver

• 

352 Messages

1 year ago

I sincerely apologize for the confusion, we definitely do have temporary promotions sometimes, as we are always working to provide you and all our valued new and existing customers with the best prices, promotions, and options possible. That said, I would be more than happy to complete a complimentary account review with you, in order to ensure you are signed up for the perfect package, promotion, and low pricing for your needs. That is actually one of our specialties! I would like to look further into this with you! To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (top right corner)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityMarcella​ sure, that would be great.  again, I didn't think the chat agent did anything wrong, but I was a bit surprised to get a better deal through the chat, and was not comfortable providing personal information.

Problem Solver

• 

352 Messages

I completely understand that. You've come to the right place. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here