B

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 16th, 2021 3:22 AM

Closed

Change Delivery Address

Hello, I was told by an chat agent that I would be able to change the delivery address of my starter kit after I completed my order but I've been unable to find the necessary information on the website. Can you please instruct me on the simplest way to have the address changed? I would like to have the starter kit mailed to my current address instead of my service address.

Thanks!

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us regarding changing the shipping address for your equipment. The only option to update the shipping address is to use

use the UPS My Choice program to change your Getting Started kit delivery date and reroute your packages to a UPS Access Point or store location for a small fee. This option is available in all markets.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityMichelle

Thank you for the quick reply, though I'm not satisfied with this response. Before I confirmed my order I reached out to an agent who claimed I would be able to change the shipping address either by phone (calling the customer service line) or online after I set up my account. At no point was it mentioned that I would have to use a third party program and pay an additional fee. I simply want to have my equipment sent to my current address so that I have it with me when I move to my new address. Like many of Xfinity customers, I will be working from home so I would appreciate the comfort of having the equipment in my hands when I move rather than hoping it's either on the doorstep when I get there or arrives soon thereafter. Is it not possible for customer service to update the shipping address, particularly since I completed my order no more than 12 hours ago?

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

I know this wasn't the answer you were looking to hear. To answer specifically, after the 12 hours yes, there is no option to get that adjusted, I double checked, depending on the area if we were within a 2 hour window we can request it, but it may not be able to go through. If a customer is requesting a different address we recommend doing that through the UPS website. At this time it would just go to that new address, otherwise, we can cancel the order, and can set it up at a later time, we can also see about switching this to an instore pick up if you are not going to be at the new location in time. We do have options such as those that we can try to do now. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thank you, but why would the agent who I asked prior to completing my order tell me there is a way to change it but not mention I have to do it in within 2 hours of my order? On top of that, the original response from Michelle, less than a half hour from my original inquiry, implied it can't be adjusted by XFinity at all. 

And now 'My Account' overview indicates that my package has been shipped and delivered, and service is activated. Somehow all that has happened and I'm still trying to figure out why I wasn't able to change the delivery address.

My concern at this point is I'd rather not have my equipment sitting at my new address for more than a week prior to moving in with the hopes it will be there waiting for me, yet it feels like my only option for ensuring that isn't that case is to toss some money to UPS. It's a small fee, yes, but not exactly something I was expecting as a new customer, which is why I wanted to verify prior to completing my order that it was possible to change the delivery address. If that wasn't possible I would have elected to delay the ship date.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

I certainly understand and apologize for your experience especially when starting with us. Part of the issue is certain areas have different expectations and it also depends on how it is being ship. In some areas we can't switch it or we have to have a supervisor at the warehouse do it. With priority shipping, that window is 15 minutes to change the address and standard shipping is 2 hours if in a area we can. If the package doesn't make it or is stolen off the porch, we can always send another one to make it right. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had almost the exact same experience trying to bundle Xfinity Mobile into my existing internet plan.  The chat agent assured me that the devices are being shipped to the addresses that I requested (2 lines are going to siblings that are out of state).  However, when I got the order verification call, the agent over the phone told me that this is not true, everything would ship to my service address, and there is no way to request specific devices in the order to be shipped to different addresses.  Nothing about rerouting via the carrier was even mentioned at all.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here