U

Sunday, July 7th, 2024 8:58 PM

Can't get 3rd party tech to show up under ticket # after making 2 confirmed appointments, 4 appts made without my knowledge etc.

I have a ticket # for 3rd party tech to come back to my home to remove internet cable line that was routed away from house (by Xfinity) into family room, because I had new siding installed on my home and required cable line to be out of the way of the siding contractors.  At the same time tech needs to put the internet cable line into an Xfinity plastic box/attach box to the new siding block which was never installed on my home back when I originally had internet cable service started (this was discovered by the Xfinity rep who originally routed the line away from the house for my siding project.  I need to be home, open the side gate, show tech where cable line needs to be run etc.  I have made 2 confirmed appts, stayed home from work and was promised tech would call me 30 mins before showing up.  Tech never showed for either appt, nor did they have the courtesy to call me to let me know they would not be showing.   I have called customer support 5 times and 1 on line chat.  Four appointments have been made for 3rd party tech to come to my home 4 times without my knowledge, and strangely enough I find out about these unknown appts. when I call customer service and the robo lady indicates I have an appt. for the very same day I am calling into customer service to report no shows or to make new appts.  Very strange these unknown appts. are made for the very same day I am calling in.  Tech did not show up for any of these supposed 4 unknown appts, nor did they ever call me to let me know they could not make it.  When I call customer service they say I have appt. for the exact day we are on the phone and I need to wait for them to call me and I can then either accept appt., or decline appt., or not answer call and then call back the # showing on my phone to reschedule appt.  How come now a total of #6 appts. were made, no tech shows and no phone call to me.  I need to resolve this and get tech to show up once and for all.  Something is very wrong with your scheduling system between dispatch and 3rd party tech.  I need this resolved ASAP because it is holding up the final step in my new siding project where they need to paint the exterior of my home, but are now waiting for the new shortened cable line and cable box to be installed so they can paint everything.  Customer service offers me no way to escalate to someone who can get the 3rd party tech to show up or find out why they never show up.  This is crazy and I am about ready to find a new Internet provider but don't want to because up until this point I have had great customer service.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

user_x5q5hp This certainly isn't the experience we want for our customers when trying to set up an appointment. You have come to the right place to get this work done for you, and we are happy to help. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

Accepted solution.  Area supervisor of the technicians Adele, got me an appointment with the correct type of technician.  Tech came to my home on Saturday during the appt. time and got me all set up.

Thanks a million Sheila

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here