U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 22nd, 2024 12:13 PM

Can't connect to xfinity hotspots?

So, connecting a device to xfinity hotspots is very CONFUSING. I got a new Ipad & when I'm out & about i want to be able to connect to xfinitywifi hotspots. The IPad is a wifi only model & not directly on xfinity but I have both xfinity internet & xfinity mobile for my phone. I tried to follow this guide:

Manually connect your tablet to Xfinity WiFi - Xfinity Support

I tried both methods in the link posted above. I downloaded the Xfinity app (you can tell it's not made for an ipad but an iphone) & signed in and that didn't work. I also tried to join the hotspot & the capital portal page automatically comes up after some time. A page comes with NOW (Get connected with NOW WiFi Pass) boldly presented. You have two choices on the page "Get Connected" & "Connect this device". If you click get connected it displays a payment page so you can pay for a day pass & if you choose "Connect this device" you get a page where you can enter your Phone Number & email address. I tried to enter the phone number & email registered with my Xfinity account but that fails. Any idea what to do here?

Expert

• 

105.8K Messages

21 days ago

The concern is not "Community Center" help related....... Topic moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

21 days ago

Greetings, @user_cf91a4! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues connecting your iPad to a hotspot, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

The connection methods described in the link you shared - Manually connect your tablet to Xfinity WiFi - Xfinity Support - are the same ones I use for my own iPad when I'm not home. When you click on the "xfinitywifi" network in your Wi-Fi settings menu, it should ask you to enter your Xfinity ID and password. These should be the same things you used to log in to this community forum. If you are no longer being prompted to enter those, then your Safari cache may be autofilling something you've used in the past. You can reset that by going into your Wi-Fi settings and selecting the little "i" icon next to "xfinitywifi" and choosing "Forget This Network." After you do that, you should be able to click on the "xfinitywifi" network and enter your Xfinity ID and password properly.

That should connect you to the hotspot as long as you are close enough to get a good signal. My iPad is notorious for telling me there is an available hotspot nearby, but as soon as I try to connect to it, I get an error saying "network offline" or "no internet." I think this may be an Apple thing, because my iPhone does the same thing. If you have an xFi Gateway at home, I would recommend making your initial connection there, so you can confirm the signal source is in range. Once you establish a good connection, your iPad should automatically connect to any other hotspot that comes into range.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here